Video Review Instructions
You will select 1 video of at least 30 minutes or a series of videos that, combined, are at least 30 minutes from the American History in Video Collection, available through the Liberty Library.
· Video Review 1 must address some aspect of U.S. history between the end of the Civil War (1865) and the end of World War II (1945).
· Video Review 2 must address some aspect of U.S. history between the end of the World War II (1945) and the present.
If you choose to view multiple videos, the videos must focus on a similar topic. For example, you could watch 2 videos on Theodore Roosevelt or Apollo 11. In the review, you will properly cite the video(s) at the top and write a full, 1-page summary.
You will then identify 3 scholarly books using the Liberty University Online Library search engine and/or WorldCat (www.worldcat.org), 3 scholarly articles using JSTOR, Academic Search Complete, Academic OneFile, and/or Summon (found in Liberty Library’s databases), and 3 reputable websites to create a bibliography related to the topic of the video. For an overview on choosing topics, visit Liberty’s Information Research Modules. The use of current Turabian formatting is required.
A sample of the assignment is available on Blackboard (under Assignment Instructions/Video Reviews).
The purposes of this assignment are to introduce you to the process of finding different sources available through Liberty University and to help you learn the importance of proper formatting.
SPECIFIC POLICIES FOR VIDEO REVIEWS
A. You must follow the format of the sample review that is available on Blackboard. Those who do not follow that format will be graded accordingly.
B. The summary must be typed and doubled-spaced, have 1-inch margins, and be 1 page.
C. You must place numbers at the bottom of each page.
D. Each source in the bibliography must be single-spaced with an extra space between each source.
E. Read and apply the “Tips for Reading and Writing in History” (found in the course’s Additional Information folder, under Syllabus and Assignment Instructions). With very few exceptions, the best reviews in this course will be the ones that undergo several revisions. In your revisions, check for grammatical errors, organizational problems, and the persuasiveness of your arguments.
- 6 years ago
- BCOM 405 Week 1 Assignment Legaly Protected Speech Paper
- ARTS 100 Week 3 Individual Assignment Film or Theater Review
- discussion post
- NEED FINANCE question answered immediately (2nd set of questions)
- See below assignment (Cost???)
- 2 for "GoogleScholar" only
- M2A2 Assignment, calculating an inventory
- AJS 512 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Reinforcement Strategies Paper
- MBA 700 Case Analysis
- NOT RATED
· Video Review must address some aspect of U.S. history between the end of the World War II (1945) and the present.
If you choose to view …6 years ago