Please view the Lecture by Dr. Frank Snowden, Yale University available at: http://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-234/lecture-14#transcript
and the film The Story of Louis Pasteur; Part 1 available on youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MITdWhKWAek) and a better quality version is at: http://vdownload.eu/watch/2440994-the-story-of-louis-pasteur-1936.html
- William Bynum, History of Medicine: A Very Short Introduction (New York; Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2008); Available as an E-book in the Hagerty Library catalogue at: http://site.ebrary.com/lib/drexel/detail.action?docID=10464218. ***Read Chapter 5, “Medicine in the Laboratory” pp. 91-117 for the background to the story.
- Louis Pasteur, “The Germ Theory and its Application to Medicine and Surgery,” in Charles W. Eliot, ed., Scientific Papers: Physiology, Medicine, Surgery, Geology (New York: Collier, [c1910].1910). ***Read pages 382-389. Available as an E-Book in the HagertyLibrary Catalogue at: http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=pst.000029593309;view=1up;seq=9
Then discuss: Use the materials assigned to discuss how Pasteur's version of the germ theory of disease contributed to, or changed medical practice.
- Tim Fulford and Debbie Lee, “The Jenneration of Disease: Vaccination, Romanticism, and Revolution,” Studies in Romanticism, Vol. 39, No. 1 (Spring, 2000) , pp. 139-163; Available in the Readings Folder and on JSTOR at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/25601434 and,
- Edward Jenner, “An Inquiry into the Causes and Effects of the Variolae Vaccinae etc, 1798,” in Charles Nicoll Bancker Camac, Classics of Medicine and Surgery (New York: Dover Publications, 1909), pp. 213-240; Available as an E-Book in the Hagerty Librarycatalogue at: http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015000861594;view=1up;seq=11
Then discuss: Read Fulford and Lee for the background of the campaign for vaccination, and then read Jenner’s essay (especially his introduction and Cases XVI and XVII, and his explanation of ‘experiment’ (pp. 230-231), and his conclusions. Then discuss what was so controversial and how Jenner and his allies and critics resolved the debate.
- 6 years ago
- i need thin in 24 hours
- MKT 421 MKT/421 (UPDATED) FINAL EXAMS All MCQ'S 30/30 CORRECT ANSWERS
- Stages of conflict management
- Shared talking styles herald new and lasting romance
- Acc 290 Final Exam
- Create a power point presentation communicating their key points
- FM5 WEEK ASSIGNMENT
- Applied Quantitative Methods
- on january 1 2012 snow corporation purchased 20% of the 200,000 outstanding shares of common stock of garvey company for
- HR: Recruitment Selection & Placement
- NOT RATED
- TimFulfordand Debbie Lee, “TheJennerationof Disease: Vaccination, Romanticism, and Revolution,”Studies in Romanticism, Vol. 39, No. 1 (Spring, 2000) , pp. …6 years ago
- NOT RATED
Please view the Lecture by Dr. FrankSnowden, Yale University available at:http://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-234/lecture-14#transcript
and the filmThe Story of Louis …6 years ago