HIS 321: Research Paper Guidelines and Rubric
During this course you will read The Aeneid and The Odyssey. The topic for your research paper is to investigate how The Aeneid and The Odyssey are similar, how they are different, and what each reveals about the culture in which the work was created. Your paper should address the following:
- Who was Virgil? Who was Homer?
- What exactly is The Aeneid? What is The Odyssey?
- How are the two works similar? How do they differ?
- What do these works reveal about the cultures in which they were created?
You will address these questions through the presentation of one cohesive paper. Your paper should include specific examples from the works and support your interpretation of the works with other primary and secondary sources.
Your paper should be a minimum of 5 to 6 pages (not including cover page or resources) and properly footnoted in the Turabian style, guidelines for which can be found as a course resource in the Resources folder, and follow these formatting guidelines: double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, and citations in Turabian format. It is important to note that a successful analysis and interpretation of the works will use a minimum of five secondary sources composed of a combination of scholarly journal articles relevant to the topic. While the quantity of resources is not what ensures a successful analysis, it is necessary in order to provide you a good research foundation for your analysis
- Selecting an HRIS for a Company
- Eng 315 - Assignment 3: Justification Report – Presentation
- Assignment 2: SWOT Analysis
- Week 10 Discussion 1 - Due Wed 10:00am CST - APA Format
- Culture Management
- Ethincity and The Criminal Justice System
- Target Market & Competition
- Utilitarian ethical analysis
- for Prof. Goodwill only