HIS 206 Week 4 Quiz - All Questions Answered Correctly - Best Tutorial - Latest SyllabusThePerfectionist
Week Four Quiz
Complete the quiz on the assigned readings for the week.
Question 1.Which of the following was not a civil rights group that began after World War II?
Question 2.Who was to blame for the Cold War? Historians have debated and changed their interpretations on this question over the past 50 years. Which of the following is NOT a standard interpretation?
- The Soviet Union was the aggressor and the sole cause.
- The United States was to blame because it exaggerated the Soviet threat for its own power grab.
- The United States and the Soviet Union were equally to blame.
- Neither nation is to blame, and dictators from other nations pitted them against each other.
Question 3.President Eisenhower’s Cold War military strategy emphasized what?
- CIA Covert Actions and small, Special Operations engagements
- Increasing military spending
- Increasing the size of the military
- downplaying US possession of nuclear weapons
Question 4.Which of the following was a lawyer who worked with the NAACP to improve civil rights legislation?
- W.E.B. DuBois
- Booker T. Washington
- Earl Warren
- Thurgood Marshall
Question 5.Despite the ideological conflicts and growing nuclear arsenal, neither the Soviet Union nor the United States directly attacked the other. Instead, they played out the conflict in other, smaller regions of the world. Where was the first place that this occurred?
Question 6.During his time in office, Kennedy did which of the following in Southeast Asia?
- Pulled all Americans out of Vietnam
- Increased the US military commitment in Vietnam
- Re-established the French as imperial rulers in Vietnam.
- Threatened the use of nuclear weapons in Vietnam
Question 7.Gay men and lesbians in the United States:
- Did not experience discrimination until after the Stonewall Riots in 1969.
- Were protected from discrimination by the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
- Were not targeted by law enforcement.
- Created an underground gay community in the 1950s.
Question 8.Which was NOT true of the Soviet launch of Sputnik in 1957?
- It was the first man-made satellite ever launched into space.
- It showed that the Soviets held a technological advantage over the United States at that time.
- It occurred after the United States had already launched a satellite into space.
- It launched the Space Race.
Question 9.Which of the following was NOT true of Ron Kovic?
- He was the author of Born on the Fourth of July.
- He served two tours of duty in Vietnam,
- He was a severe critic of the Anti-War protestors,
- He accidentally shot and killed another US soldier.
Question 10.Which president’s domestic agenda was known as the Fair Deal?
Need Other Tutorials For HIS 206?
You may click on the links below to go to respective tutorial.
- 6 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it