HERO ESSAY ASSIGNMENT - 3-5 pages, typed and double-spaced, in Times 12.
Part I: Explain Campbell's definitions of a hero and the hero's journey in your own words; be specific.
WHAT IS A HERO? According to Joseph Campbell:
- Extraordinary in some way (Great strength, intelligence, etc.)
- Takes a journey (Departure, Fulfillment, Return)
- Overcomes challenges and/or temptations
- Sacrifices self for another, others, or idea
- Transformation - physical, psychological, and/or spiritual
- Unusual birth or death
- Favored by the gods
- A king or half-god
- A leader
Part II: After explaining Campbell's hero definition in your own words, giving mythical examples for each point, write about two heroes, an actual person (a famous or personal hero, such as Leonardo DaVinci, Colin Powell, or your best friend) and a mythological or fictional hero (Gilgamesh, Hercules, Wonder Woman, or Indiana Jones, for example). Explain why both of the people you have chosen are heroes.
Give detailed examples of their traits, actions, journeys, etc., specifically applying whenever possible Campbell's definitions.
Proofread and spellcheck carefully. Show that you know and understand Campbell's definition and can apply it in detail.
- 6 years ago
- health care
- <object:standard:ss.912.c.2.6>"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures,...
- I will check for plagarism. Make sure the answers are original please
- Integrating Theories
- SCI 207 Week 1 DQ 1 Biomes and Diversity
- POOL 501
- revising english esssay
- short reports
- 2 questions 250 words each for answer
- Imagine you are a researcher who believes that a relaxation technique involving visualization will help people with mild insomnia fall asleep faster. You randomly select a sample of 20 participants from a population of mild insomnia patients and randomly