For Henry only
Final exam essays Due on or by the 26th of June
In an essay of at least 300 words, compare and contrast one of the epic heroes from the first half of the class to one of the following epic heroes: Roland, Son-Jara, or Dante. You should also discuss why you believe these similarities and/or differences exist. Before you begin writing, you may want to think about the following:
- What obstacles must they overcome?
- What are their motivations?
- Who supports them and why?
- What are their weaknesses and strengths?
- How do they interact with their families, their own people, and others?
- Are they rewarded for their actions? If so, with what?
- Where were the works composed or written? When? By whom? Why?
In an essay of at least 300 words, compare and contrast the morals or virtues found in two readings we've discussed this quarter.
- What were the primary morals or virtues in the readings?
- Which virtues were considered good? Why?
- Which virtues were considered bad? Why?
- Which characters possessed these virtues?
- What is your opinion on these virtues?