Help with Technological information Case Study
You have been working for some time at UMUC Pizza, a pizza restaurant located near the UMUC campus. The owner, Bill, is very interested in expanding his successful business. He has just bought Priority Pizza, a pizza shop in a good location across town, and has hired a store manager. He has decided to name the new business (at both locations) UMUC Pizza. Bill’s research shows that there are many other local stores that sell pizza: outlets for major pizza chains in malls and other locations, small outlets and specialty shops, and larger restaurants. While Bill has been keeping all his records of orders, sales and inventory on paper, the records at Priority Pizza are located on the manager’s PC in Excel files. Bill realizes that he must treat the two stores as a single business, with one set of accounts, one billing system, etc. He thinks this is also a good time to stop using paper records for his orders, sales and inventory. Bill really hopes to continue to expand his business by buying other pizza outlets, but he will need good information about his current businesses to know when he should make his next acquisition. He has asked you to help him develop the business strategy and IT Plan to accomplish his goals. You know that there are methodologies for analyzing the business environment and that there are multiple ways to expand the business. You also recognize that IT is an important component for achieving Bill’s goals.
1. Explain Porter’s Five Forces Model and how Bill can use it to analyze his current business and his expansion. Be sure to address each of the 5 forces and explain to Bill what they mean for his UMUC Pizza business.
2. Based on your analysis in question #1, select one of the five forces and explain how Bill can incorporate his analysis of that force into his Strategic Business Plan (SBP).
3. List three business areas and/or processes used in the UMUC Pizza shops that could be supported by an IT solution.
4. List and describe (in two or three sentences each) three IT projects that should be a part of Bill’s IT Plan – one project to support each area and/or process identified in question #3 above.
5. Explain how each IT project listed above specifically improves and/or supports Bill’s UMUC Pizza business.
6. If Bill decides to enter the world of eCommerce, which of the eCommerce models (business-to-business, customer-to-business, business-to-customer, or customer-to-customer) would you recommend to him as a best fit for his business and how would it benefit his business?
7. Describe for Bill what a Supply Chain Management (SCM) solution would look like for his UMUC Pizza business and how his business could benefit from implementing an SCM solution.
8. Describe for Bill what an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution would look like for his UMUC Pizza business and how his business could benefit from implementing an ERP solution.
9. What benefits would Bill get for his business from implementing a relational database? Your response must be tied directly to Bill’s pizza stores.
10. Make a list of five ways that Bill could protect the data and systems that he is going to put in place. Consider the type of data and systems that would be relevant to Bill’s pizza stores.
body preview (0 words)
file1.docx preview (1319 words)
Explain Porter’x xxxx Forces Model xxx xxx Bill xxx xxx xx to analyze his xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxx his expansion. Be xxxx to xxxxxxx each of the 5 xxxxxx and explain xx Bill what they xxxx for his xxxx Pizza xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx five xxxxxx xx x xxxxx xxxx is xxxxxxxx in xxx xxxxxxxxxxx of business xxxxxxxx xxx utilize in the xxxxxxxx xx the xxxxxxx xxxxx xx x business xxxxxxxxxxxx The xxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xx xxxxxxxx
Threats of the xxx xxxxxxxx
xxx model focuses xx the new xxxxxxx made by xxx firms to the market. xxxxx xxxxxxxx xx affected xx the xxxxxxxxxxxxx that attracts xxxx xx xxx market. xxxx of xxx xxxxx may xxxx to decline in the xxxxxxx xx xxx xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxx
xxx increase xx xxx xxxxxxxxx xx other xxxxxxxx xxxxx than the xxxxx xx the existing xxxxxxx xx the xxxxxx will xxxxxxxx the xxxxxxxxxx of consumers xxxxxx the xxxxxxxxxxx of xxx xxxxxxxx This xxxx lead to xxxxxxx in
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it