Heart of Darkness essayThestudent
Read the following passage from "Heart of Darkness" carefully. Then, in a well-organized essay, analyze how this description indicates the narrator's ambivalent feelings about Kurtz. You may want to consider such literary elements as point of view, tone, diction, and paradoxes.
"Kurtz discoursed. A voice! a voice! It rang deep to the very last. It survived his strength to hide in the magnificent folds of eloquence the barren darkness of his heart. Oh, he struggled! he struggled! The wastes of his weary brain were haunted by shadowy images now—images of wealth and fame revolving obsequiously round his unextinguishable gift of noble and lofty expression. My Intended, my station, my career, my ideas—these were the subjects for the occasional utterances of elevated sentiments. The shade of the original Kurtz frequented the bedside of the hollow sham, whose fate it was to be buried presently in the mould of primeval earth. But both the diabolic love and the unearthly hate of the mysteries it had penetrated fought for the possession of that soul satiated with primitive emotions, avid of lying fame, of sham distinction, of all the appearances of success and power."
I just want one page MLA
- 6 years ago
- The interest earned on United States Series EE bonds is?
- ACC 225 Week 7
- Marketing 2 Page Essay
- What does permeable to water mean? Give exps.
- what desing area or design specialisation does your chosen item belong to? it is a lamborghini gallardo
- College Intro 2 Stats Final .. Questions may be multi-part and not easy. I can only send you 1...
- at the end of their journey, ma tells her family that "im learnin one good thing, if youre in trouble...
- Describe a step-by-step process of conducting the dismissal meeting.
- BUS-475 entire course
- Overcoming Obstacles: Facing Fears and Being Enough - Discussion