PLEASE CITE/ REFERENCE “EACH” QUESTIONS
“DO NOT PLAGIARIZE”
100-150 WORD COUNT( Each Question)
Due: 8-13-2014; Eastern Time-NY- 10pm
- 1. What issues arise from the need to care for an aging population versus the number of health care facilities needed? What factors are involved when ambulances are diverted from one emergency room to another? Why is this good, or alternatively, bad practice?
- 2. If an electronic medical record system (EMR) can really help improve the quality and safety of health care delivery, does the U.S. government have a duty to help hospitals and physicians implement the system? Why or why not?
- 3. How can the U.S. government have a right to access personal health information of patients? Is this not a potential risk or compromise to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act? Why or why not? What is the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009?
- 4. Given the struggles in containing the costs of health care and given the increasing numbers of Americans who find themselves without health insurance, should organizations be investing in physical changes to their facilities to attract new patients through a more comfortable environment? (Barsukiewicz, Raffel & Raffel, 2010)
- 5. Based on your professional experience with the type of outcome measurement process used, what steps should the U.S. take to incorporate outcomes measurement for all health care services? For example, should U.S. physicians be held accountable for health outcomes of patients? Why or why not?
- 6. Discuss the Video transcript link below: https://d3qlakwpo3n83o.cloudfront.net/content/public/05V110608001334059/transcripts/30a8b761-e7a2-4437-8f5f-3e97d661b685/21st_Century_Hospitals_175535884_transcript.pdf
- 7. What is your most significant learning point about our health care system when it comes to technology? In what ways has your perspective of the health care delivery system related to health information technology changed?
- 8. What are some of the drawbacks in using social media by the health care industry? Why might patients have concerns with the use of social media?
- 7 years ago