Government Role and Trading Blocksdavid1962
Assignment 1: Discussion—Government Role and Trading Blocks
Please answer all questions
While there are powerful economic arguments for international trade, countries do impose restrictions on international trade. At the same time, regional agreements form one method to reduce or eliminate such restrictions among countries signing the agreement.
Research government role in trade and trade agreements using your textbook, University online library resources, and the Internet. Respond to the following:
- Should governments promote or restrict international trade? Describe at least three ways in which countries can restrict trade. Irrespective of your answer, which position—promoting or restricting international trade—is most likely to find support as a national strategy? Why do governments commonly initiate policies that support both positions?
- Research one regional trading bloc of which the United States is a member. Describe when the bloc was constituted, which countries are currently members, and which products are included in agreements. What is the economic justification for this trade bloc? Do you agree with the U.S. involvement in this trading bloc? What does the U.S. gain or lose?
Write your response in 400 words or less. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
By Thursday, January 24, 2013, submit your assignment
Assignment 2: Case Analysis—Google in China
Governments play an important role in business decisions and business operations. The case study in this assignment provides a fascinating view of the business environment in China.
Read the following case study:
Analyze the case. In your case analysis, address the following questions:
- What is the basic situation described in the case? Summarize the Google experience.
- What other companies are described in the case as having had to deal with Chinese censorship. What is your opinion of their actions?
- What seems to be the policy of Chinese censorship?
- What are some U.S. congressional initiatives related to Chinese censorship? Do you support those initiatives?
- Did Google make the right choice? What were the different opinions expressed in the case regarding the Google choice? Form an argument.
Submit your work in a 3-page Word document. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
- 8 years ago
- Write a review a review on disney land
- what is the largest perfect cube that can factor into 46,305
- jessica bought 4 packages of baseball cards. she gave 3 cards to her brother. how many cards does she have...
- A 2.545g sample contains carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. It is subjected to carbon-hydrogen analysis and 3.703g of CO2 and 1.514g...
- which continent goes by two different names
- ax-b=c for x
- During the process of _______________, the genetic message from DNA is transformed into mRNA.
- Explain how a clothes dryer works in speeding up evaporation (3 reasons or ways)
- Problem 16-10: Unsecured sources of short-term loans. John Savage has obtained a short-term loan from First Carolina Bank. The loan...