general chemistry QuestionsProTutor11
1)What is the approximate radius of carbon-12
2)What is the approximate radius of a Fe-56 nucleus?
(b) Approximately what is the value of A for a nucleus whose radius is 3.0 x 10-15m?
3)Calculate the binding energy per nucleon for a U-238 nucleus.
4) In the reaction 1H + 1n -> 2H + Y what is the energy of gamma(Y) rays emotted here?
5) Polonium-214 can decay by alpha decay.
a) The product of its decay has how many fewer protons the polonium-214?
b) Write the nuclear equation for this decay.
6) Write the nuclear equation for the decay of Co60 ? If there are any alpha, beta or gamma particles created what is their maximum kinetic energy created?
7) Francium-223 ( Fr-223) has a half-life of 21.8 min.
a) How many nuclei are initial present in a 25.0 mg sample?
b) How many nuclei are present 1h and 49 min later?
8) What is the activity of a sample of that contains 8.9 x 1022 nuclei?
- 6 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it