Food Safety and MicrobiologyEs-d
Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Analyze evidence to determine the presence of foodborne-illness outbreaks.
- Recognize risks associated with high-risk populations.
Course outcomes assessed in this Assignment:
GEL-2.3: Solve real-world problems using mathematical skills.
There are many costs for a food service establishment that are related to having a foodborne illness outbreak. Describe a recent foodborne illness outbreak and the associated cost. As you discuss the associated cost, you will want to discuss the monetary costs involved (you may need to estimate them). Examples of potential costs include: total cost, sick days, public relations, cleaning, health care bills, and any other associated costs .Please be mindful in choosing a foodborne illness outbreak with known costs. If the outbreak is too recent, then the costs may not be known yet.
- This Assignment needs to be at least 1 page in length and include at least one reference.
- This Assignment should be in APA format and follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful. Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics. Be sure to use APA in-text citations and a reference page to attribute each source.
- Utilize the Kaplan Writing Center and the Writing Center Resources found in Doc Sharing.
Submitting Your Work
For directions on how to submit your work and review your graded Assignments, refer to the Dropbox Guide found on the Academic Tools tab. Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted work.
The grading rubric for this Assignment is located in your Syllabus.
GRADING RUBRIC IS ATTACHED
- 4 years ago