Fiscal Policy slpvlaudy11a
Fiscal policies can have both subtle and major effects on almost all organizations. The purpose of this SLP assignment is to have you examine your organization regarding how it is affected by these economic variables and policies.
You are to place yourself in the position of being a paid lobbyist for your organization. Pick two or three major fiscal policy initiatives you would lobby Congress about. However, this is not in general, this is for your organization, not for the economy as a whole, so make sure to take that specific focus. Again, if you're using an unconventional organization, you may have to get a little creative here.
- As your organization's lobbyist, what would you like to see done by the federal government that would be of help to your organization? As a lobbyist it is not your job to be concerned with the deficit, or the environment, or the general health of the financial system (unless, of course, you are lobbying for an environmental, financial, or deficit reduction group). Your answer to this question can give an interesting perspective as to how lobbying can distort economic policy and decisions. CAUTION: I am not looking for general comments that could apply to the country as a whole or any given organization, what I want is comments that are relevant specifically to your organization.
There are three articles below on the pros and cons of lobbying, feel free to google the subject to find more:
- The majority of lobbying efforts center around fiscal policy. Please discuss your opinions on lobbying regarding if it is useful and should continue as is, if it should continue but with constraints to limit how much is done, or if it should be eliminated.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good quality resource you can find. Make sure you cite all resources you use and provide a reference list at the end of your paper.
Length: 2-3 typed and double-spaced pages.
In addition to the overall quality, depth, grammar, and organization of the paper, the following will, in particular, be assessed:
1. Analytical ability in relating federal policies to the specifics of your organization.
2. Your ability to relate federal government activity to your specific organization
Remember that the company you used last time was Chevron Corporation.
- 6 years ago
- Episode 5
- industry analysis
- LAB 4 INVESTIGATING LIPIDS (FATS) IN THE FOOD SUPPLY
- Legal Operations in International Business 2IP
- Psychology Paper: Childhood Schizophrenia
- American Government
- PowerPoint: The Convergence of Healthcare Financing and Economic Trends and Forces
- My Assignment.
- HR Week 5 Portfolio project
- NOT RATED
ECONOMICS7 years ago
- NOT RATED
Fiscal policies can have both subtle and major effects on almost all organizations. The purpose of this SLP assignment is to have you examine your organization regarding how it is affected by these …6 years ago
- NOT RATED
ECO 202 Macroeconomics - Trident
Module 2 - SLP
You are to place yourself in the position of being a paid lobbyist for your organization. Pick two or three major fiscal policy …6 years ago