Final Project: Socio-Ecological AssessmentTop Rated1
Throughout this course, you have considered the value of a sociological lens. As you identify the social determinants of health that impact health disparities and health behaviors, the SEM can help define areas where interventions can contribute to optimal health outcomes.
Consider for example a violence prevention program.
- What types of interventions (across the SEM) would be most beneficial to alleviate violence prevention?
- What level across the SEM can address violence in adults?
- In what ways will violence prevention strategies differ across the levels of the SEM?
In your current or future role as a health professional, the opportunity to refine your skills in performing socio-ecological assessments will help ensure that you are implementing appropriate interventions for your target population.
For this Final Project, select a population and public health issue of interest. Consider the health issue with regard to this population and how social determinants of health contribute to the health behaviors observed within this population.
The Assignment (10–15 pages)
- Describe the population and public health issue that you selected.
- Define the indicators of the issue (i.e., incidence, mortality, morbidity, and hospitalizations) and explain how these influence the population and public health issue you selected.
- Identify at least two social determinants of health that impact the public health issue you selected.
- Explain how the social determinants of health impact the health-related risk behaviors for your population.
- Describe the significance of socio-ecological theory and its application to this issue.
- Propose an intervention across all levels of the SEM for your population and public health issue.
- Explain how applying your intervention across all levels of the SEM will contribute to positive health outcomes.
- Develop a visual representation of how you have applied the SEM and include the table and diagram for the intervention you are proposing. Refer to the Socio-Ecological Model(PDF) in this Week's learning resources as an example of a visual representation.
- Describe which stakeholders and organizations you will work with to execute your intervention.
- Explain how you would apply the principles of community-based participatory research for this intervention.
- Explain the likelihood that your intervention would be successful in contributing to favorable health outcomes for the population you selected.
- Briefly explain how your proposed intervention addresses at least two of the essential public health services. Be specific and provide examples.
Submit your Final Project by Day 3 of Week 11.
Support your work with specific citations from this week's Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
- 5 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it