Final Film Critiquevictoria15
Final Film Critique
Review the critical analysis questions in the “Conclusion and Critic’s Resource” section of your textbook. Write an eight to ten page film critique (excluding the cover and reference pages) of an American feature film of your choosing. Use the list of critical analysis questions provided in your textbook as a guide while writing your paper.
Areas that must be covered:
- Style and Directing
- Impact of society on the film and vice versa
- Application of at least one approach to analysis and interpretation
- Overall textual themes
- Students must select a film that they have not previously explored in class, either in written assignments or discussion posts.
- Students must establish a coherent thesis statement in the introduction of their paper with a claim that they intend to prove. The body of the essay serves to support the thesis through an analysis of the film and other relevant material. Avoid simply rehashing descriptive material from other source.
- Support your thesis through textual and formal analysis. Refer to specific shots, scenes, characters, stylistic devices, and themes in the film.
- As much as possible, use technical, literary and industry terms to make your points.
- If needed, you may use additional resources to support your claims. Suggested sources might include academic books and articles; film reviews; and personal opinions from reputable film critics and scholars. Information other than production details obtained from popular sources such as The Internet Movie Database and Wikipedia is not considered reputable.
- Only use plot information to support the thematic points of the paper. Include only one to two sentences of plot summary when explaining each of the required filmic elements.
- Also, students should not choose a film that the authors of the textbook have analyzed in detail.
Writing the Final Film Critique
The Final Film Critique:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages (excluding the cover and reference pages) in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
- Must include a cover page with the following:
- Name of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in your approved style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
- 9 years ago
- owning vs renting, 1,200 words, introduction with a strong thesis, body at least three paragraphs conclusion.
- Math questions
- A newspaper prints 8762 papers, each with 16 pages. A roll of newsprint can be used to print 6150 pages....
- simplify (2t^3)^4
- Jill measures the length and width of a sheet of A4 paper. (21cm by 30cm) she then draws and cutsout...
- Identify and explain one way that tourism has diminished the regional landscape distinctiveness.
- DISCUSS ARBITRATION IN DETAIL AND ITS PROS AND CONS (SMARTWRITTER ONLY)
- Please Delete
- What comprises the surface of a sphere?