fin 571 week 1 quiz
1. Which of the following business organizational forms subjects the owner(s) to unlimited liability?
2. Which of the following business organizational forms is easiest to raise capital?
3. Which organizational form best enables the owners of the firm to monitor the actions of other owners of the same firm?
4. Which of the following factors or activities can be controlled by the management of the firm?
5. The legal system and market forces impose substantial costs on individuals and institutions that engage in unethical behavior. Which of the following would not be an example of the above?
6. The most common reason that corporate firms use the futures and options markets is
7. Galan Associates prepared its financial statement for 2008 based on the information given here. The company had cash worth $1,234, inventory worth $13,480, and accounts receivables of $7,789. The company's net fixed assets are $42,331, and other assets are $1,822. It had accounts payables of $9,558, notes payables of $2,756, common stock of $22,000, and retained earnings of $14,008. How much long-term debt does the firm have?
8. Tre-Bien Bakeries generated net income of $233,412 this year. At year end, the company had accounts receivables of $47,199, inventory of $63,781, and cash of $21,461. It also had accounts payables of $51,369, short-term notes payables of $11,417, and accrued taxes of $6,145. The net working capital of the firm is
9. Which of the following best represents cash flows to investors?