Pick an MNC that currently does not do business in India. Then, consider what steps this company should explore to determine the viability of entering the Indian market and establishing a major sales presence there. To that end:
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page assignment in which you:
- Provide a brief summary of the business you chose (2-3 paragraphs).
- Track the currency exchange rate for the past 24 months, explain what has occurred, and identify the economic variables that have most influenced these exchange rate movements.
- Analyze the exchange rate risks associated with transaction, economic, and translation exposure in the Indian market. Then, based on the tracking and your analysis, anticipate what fluctuations seem likely to occur in the next 24 months.
- Consider how the MNC could minimize any negative impacts of such movements. To this end, formulate at least two (2) currency-derivative strategies that the MNC can use for foreign exchange risk management. Explain how they would minimize the impact on international business operations.
- Apply a hedging technique to manage the risks of transaction, economic and translation exposures that may occur in the Indian market.
- Conduct a country risk analysis to determine if senior management at MNC should support the proposal for the company to enter the market in India with a major presence.
- Use four (4) references of academic caliber for this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.