Exercise 14-56 - Journal Entries in a Standard Cost SystemShaink
Exercise 14-56 - Journal Entries in a Standard Cost System
Boron Chemical Company produces a synthetic resin that is used in automotive industry. The company uses a standard cost system. For each gallon of output, the following direct manufacturing cost are anticipated:
Direct Labor: 2 hours at $ 25.00 per hour $50.00
Direct materials: 2 Gallons at $10.00 per gallon $20.00
During December of 2010, Boron produced a total of 2,500 gallons of output and incurred the following direct manufacturing costs:
Direct Labor: 4900 hours worked. an average worked rate of 19.50 per hour.
Direct Materials: Purchased: 6,000 gallons. 10.45 per gallon. Used in production: 5,100 gallons
Boron record price variances for materials at the time of purchase.
Give an journal entries for the following events and transactions;
1. Purchase, on credit,of direct materials.
2. Direct materials issued to production.
3. Direct Labor cost of units completed this period.
4. Direct Manufacturing cost(direct labor plus direct materials) of units completed and transferred to Finished Goods Inventory.
5. Sales for $150 per gallon of 2,000 gallons of output( Will need to journal entries here.)
- 9 years ago
- 2 page personal response on Kate Chopin "The Story of an Hour" needs thesis, use quotes (MLA)
- True or false - Why? The power to legislate for the "welfare" of the inhabitant of the planning area is too...
- biology lab
- the playing field for baseball lies between the fowl lines, witch forms a 90 degree angle. suppose that each of...
- Accounting experts only please! See attachments
- selecting security software for a local bookstore
- Operation management
- Jack Daniels is planning for his golden years. He will retire in 25 years, at which time he plans...
- reasons for Britain's development list any historical, social or environmental reasons why you can why Britain is an MEDC (More Economically...
- Find, In parametric form the line of intersection between: x+2y-z=1 2x-y-z=2