Ethical Issues and E-Commercedavid1962
Assignment 1: Discussion—Ethical Issues and E-Commerce
In November 2011, the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency seized 150 Web sites accused of selling counterfeit merchandise. Attorney General Eric Holder warned that counterfeit merchandise not only affects American innovation but can also be hazardous to a person’s health and that the profits can be used to fund organized crime. The federal government has recently stepped up efforts to enforce laws associated with e-commerce such as copyright laws. The rise of e-commerce presents some interesting legal and ethical issues such as the fact that it is illegal to sell counterfeit merchandise, but such laws are often only lightly enforced.
Using the module readings, University online library resources, and the Internet, conduct research regarding ethical issues and e-commerce.
Respond to the following:
- Describe a minimum of two ethical and two legal issues of e-commerce as it relates to buyers and sellers. For example, explain if online auction sites should be liable for illegal or counterfeit merchandise sold on behalf of third party sellers.
Give reasons and examples to support your response.
Write your initial response in approximately 300-400 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Assignment 1 Grading Criteria
Described a minimum of two ethical issues of e-commerce as they relate to buyers and sellers.
Described a minimum of two legal issues of e-commerce as they relate to buyers and sellers.
Supported the response with reasons and examples.
Assignment 2: Online Payment Systems
With the increasing use of digital payments and the decreasing use of cash payments, enhanced digital security and tracking of financial transactions have become significant aspects of many businesses. The executive director of operations of Centervale Apparel has asked you to research this issue and prepare a presentation for the executive committee to educate them on these issues. You remember hearing that the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) is a leader in this field and would be a good place to start your research.
Review the following:
- NACHA - The Electronic Payments Association. (2011). News headlines. Retrieved from www.nacha.org
Using the University online library resources as well as NACHA’s Web site article complete the following:
- Describe NACHA and its role.
- Examine and explain the Automated Clearing House (ACH), its role, and how it relates to NACHA.
- List and explain the key participants in an ACH e-payment.
- Describe the key initiatives currently underway at ACH.
- Identify and analyze at least four digital payment concerns Centervale Apparel might want to consider in light of what you’ve learned from NACHA.
- Use the Notes function in Microsoft PowerPoint to prepare detailed speaker’s notes for your formal presentation to the executive committee.
Develop a 4–6-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A2.ppt.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Described NACHA and its role.
Examined and illustrated ACH, its role, and how it relates to NACHA.
Listed and explained the key participants in an ACH e-payment.
Described the key initiatives currently underway at ACH.
Identified and analyzed at least four digital payment concerns Centervale Apparel might want to consider in light of what you’ve learned from NACHA.
- 8 years ago
- law homework
- what is 2+2
- Soppose that in one year an american worker can produce 100 shirts or 20 computers, while a Chinese workers can...
- where do babies come from ?
- How did missionaries view Samoans
- Why is there the restriction that x1 cannot equal x2 in the geometric definition of the slope?
- Wages of assembly line workers $310,000 Salaries of finished goods warehouse personnel 105,200 Material for units made 365,000 Oil for factory machines 1,900 Depreciation on salespersons’ cars 18,700 Depreciation on...
- Rex Baker and Ty Farney are forming a partnership to which Baker will devote one-half time and Farney will devote...
- English paper
- David decides to organize his cards so that each group contains the same numbers of cards.He can use factors and factor...