ET410 Electronic(For Jack.Jones only)
Prepare Your Project Charter
Email your Project Charter and Project Definition Document to [email protected] from your Grantham email with "Capstone" in the subject line. Then, submit the charter and document in the assignment dropbox.
Read the tutorial and get the link to download Microsoft Project HERE It can take 5 days to process your access to the software.
For your project prepare a Project charter and a project definition document.
- Condition – Use the forms provided in this section
- Performance – Make sure your project is explained clearly and you include the estimated budget and risk listing.
- The project must be related to Electrical Engineering and can include either a new product design or a work related project. This project will carried on to EE 450 where you will be required to build the product. It is also recommended that you work in teams.
PROJECT CHARTER TEMPLATE
This Project Charter Template is free for you to copy and use on your project and within your organization. We hope that you find this template useful and welcome your comments. Public distribution of this document is only permitted from the Project Management
Docs official website at:
CITY, STATE ZIP CODE
<Paragraph 1: Formally authorize the project>
This Charter formally authorizes a project to <complete the sentence with a descriptive of the project. For example, describe the project in one sentence here – is it to develop and implement a new system, upgrade an existing, perform research, etc.>. A project plan will be developed and submitted to the Project Sponsor for approval. Commencement of project activities will begin upon approval of the project plan and the resources to execute it by the Project Sponsor. Included in the project plan are to be a scope statement; schedule; cost estimate; budget; and provisions for scope, resource, schedule, communications, quality, risk, procurement, and stakeholder management as well as project control.
<Paragraph 2: Project Scope - State the scope of the project, its deliverable and what business needs, problems or opportunities the project addresses – a market demand, business need, legal requirement, social need, customer request or technological advance >
The purpose of the <Project Name> project is to <state the purpose of the project in more detail than stated in the first sentence of the previous paragraph>. This project meets <organizations’ name> for <state the need that the project responds to (this is the reason the project was selected) and how this project will enable the organization to meet this need>. The project deliverables shall include <provide a high level description of the project deliverables in the form of a system description including functionality or expected results>
<Paragraph 3: Identify the Project Manager and give him authority to apply organization resources to the project >
The Project Manager, <Project Manager Name>, is hereby authorized to interface with management as required, negotiate for resources, delegate responsibilities within the framework of the project, and to communicate with all contractors and management, as required, to ensure successful and timely completion of the project. The Project Manager is responsible for developing the project plan, monitoring the schedule, cost, and scope of the project during implementation, and maintaining control over the project by measuring performance and taking corrective action.
<Paragraph 4: Provide the summary milestone schedule >
A completed project plan will be developed and submitted to the Project Sponsor for approval by <insert delivery date>. Upon approval of the project plan resources will be assigned to the project and work will commence within <xx> days. Once the project commences, work on the project will be performed according to the schedule provided in the approved project plan. The Project Manager will obtain approval from the Project Sponsor for any schedule changes which impact the project completion milestone. <if you have hard dates for milestones which the project must meet, include them here – for example a regulatory requirement could impose a hard date for a milestone>
<Paragraph 5: Project Budget – state the budget for the project and identify funding sources >
The budget for the <Project Name> project is $<amount>. It is to be funded through <funding source/budget>.
- Finance (Healthcare)
- MGT 498 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Strategic Plan Paper / MGT 498 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Learning Team Reflection // Week 5 Summary
- two page
- BUS 508 Assignment 2 - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Ashford MGT 601 Week 4 Discussions 2
- unit 9
- Mid-Term Exam
- MGT/420 MGT 420 MGT420 Week 2 - Learning Team Assignment - Part 1: BJB Manufacturing Company Quality Management Initiative Proposal Paper - A+ & Original Guaranteed from an A+ rated tutor!
- LDR 531 Week 5 Assignment - Options for Implementing a Leadership Change
- Polk and Stoneman problem
For your project prepare a Project charter and a projectdefinition document.
- Condition– Use the forms provided in this section
- Performance– Make sure your project is explained clearly …