Power Differences and Conflict
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Identify variables within structures or institutions that can promote conflict.
- Evaluate institutional issues that have hindered the ability to resolve a conflict related to culture.
- Evaluate institutional issues that have hindered the ability to resolve a gender-related conflict.
- Competency 4: Analyze the impact of conflict on relationship-building in face-to-face, virtual, cyber, and group communication.
- Compare perceptions about power and conflict with an opposite gender individual in a professional setting.
- Compare perceptions about how power is used in the workplace with an opposite gender individual in a professional setting.
- Compare beliefs that may interfere with being more open to discovering new information about conflict with an opposite gender individual in a professional setting.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Communicate effectively through writing.
For this assignment, conduct two interviews with individuals whose gender and culture are different from your own. Conduct one interview in person and the other virtually or online.
- Interview someone in a business setting whose gender and culture are different from your own. Compare your perceptions of power and conflict and your perceptions of how power is used in the workplace.
- Interview someone in a social-institutional setting whose gender and culture are different from your own. Compare your perceptions of power and conflict and your perceptions of how power is used in the workplace.
To complete the assignment:
- Conduct the interview so that you have enough information to fill out the Power Differences and Conflict Chart in the Resources. Fill the table out completely and in detail, and submit this as part of your assignment.
- Write a short analysis of your findings. Analyze similarities and differences that the two of you share about the three issues listed in the table:
- Power and conflict.
- Perception of the use of power in the workplace.
- Beliefs that you have that interfere with you being more open to discovering new information through conflict—as opposed to avoiding conflict altogether. Conflict is not necessarily negative and may lead to positive outcomes, so analyze and compare the degree to which you avoid conflict when you actually could learn something from it. Describe any online communications difficulties you encountered.
- Written Communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA guidelines.
- Page Requirements: 2–4 pages.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point.
- Attach document in Microsoft Word format.
- Homework help
- Ling Company reports the following information for the year ended December 31, 2014: sales revenue $1,000,000, cost of goods sold...
- Discussion Question
- EDDIT GRAMMAR MISTAKES
- Emily Dickinson lived a quiet life, and she was a great American poet. Which revision most effectively corrects the faulty coordination in the sentence?
- CRJ 305 Module 5 Check Your Understanding
- PIC 10A Homework 7