. Shasta Dam Expansion
The Shasta Dam in northern California is a vital cog of the Central California Project. While building the dam for flood control, water provision and electricity production, the confluence of three rivers - centered on the Sacramento River were flooded. The resulting Shasta Lake has become a tourism focus. Simultaneously, the dam's environmental impact on salmon and other species has become controversial. There is a current discussion to raise the upper level of the dam in order to increase water storage and consistency.
A recent report was concluded as such: "The billion dollars it would cost to raise the dam holding back the largest reservoir in California would, at least on the surface, be money well spent, a federal study concluded this week."
Students with a randomly assigned number of 1 will write in favor of expanding the dam. Students with a number 2 will write against expanding the dam. My number is _____
- 7 years ago
- Education Discussion 1 This discussion assignment is similar to the previous one (Discussion 3). To complete it, read the material below and respond with your assessment of what is going on and what should be happening differently. Tip: Your submissions
- Assignment 2: Discussion—ABC Analysis
- Well, my grandpa quit going to school when he was 12.... By the time he was 45, he was able...
- financial accounting ACCT 1
- Selecting and Managing employees
- Six Basic Tactics Matchup
- Research Methods Matrix
- For economics tutor
- NOT RATED
…8 years ago
- NOT RATED
Please see attached document7 years ago
- NOT RATED7 years ago
Position papers: each student will write two position papers - 3-5 pages in length - during the semester. The topics...NOT RATED
Position papers: each student will write two position papers - 3-5 pages in length - during the semester. The topics will be assigned by the instructor. Each assignment will include …7 years ago