In text citation
Answer the below case study
Your 3 year old nephew Tom has just been diagnosed with pseudohypertrophic muscular dystrophy. How did he get this disease? Is his twin sister, Geri, likely to develop the same condition? Are you likely to get this disease? You know that muscular dystrophy typically causes atrophy or wasting of muscle tissue, yet Tom’s leg muscles seem particularly well developed. Tom’s legs is typical for this form of muscular dystrophy. Can you explain this apparent contradiction?
Answer the following supplemental question(s) in an essay format: 2 to 3 pages
In this case study, Tom is diagnosed with pseudohypertrophic muscular dystrophy (aka. Duchenne muscular dystrophy, DMD).
Click on the following link and read about other types of muscular dystrophy (MD) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002172/.
What is a defining characteristic of all muscular dystrophy diseases aside from the symptom of muscle weakness and loss?
Choose one of the other types of MD listed on this webpage and briefly describe the symptoms, treatment and prognosis.
(Remember to list your sources using APA format!)
- 7 years ago
- STATS - Week 4 Confidence Intervals and Chi Square (Chs 11 - 12)
- Multiple Choice Questions Test Bank
- ECO Assignment 3: Long-Term Investment Decisions
- ACC - Sanchez Co. & NASCAR COMPANY Problem
- acclaimed writer
- Critical Success Factors for Implementing an ERP System
- Prateek ONLY
- I have a homework on pearsonmylab.com section 8.2 and 8.3 It's assigned as an extra credite from the prof. I need...
- Equity Based Compensation Plan