Environmental Epidemiology and Health Hazardstbtylo
Environmental epidemiology is the primary scientific discipline that establishes exposure-disease relationships in environmental health. For example, epidemiologists determined that exposure to asbestos causes mesothelioma. This is one example of chemical agent leading to health hazards. Other environmental hazards, such as air and water pollution, have been linked to adverse health outcomes.
Using your course textbook, the South University Online Library, and the Internet, research on the following topics:
- Significant episodes in which an environmental hazard caused adverse health outcomes in humans
- Three major historical events in envorpnmental epidemiology
On the basis opf your research and reading and understanding of the above topics, answer the following questions:
- Which environmental hazard, suchas the pollutant or pollutants, caused the most adverse health outcomes and why?
- What are the various adverse health outcomes that occurred as a result of exposure to the environmental hazard?
- What are the steps that were taken to prevent the adverse health outcomes from occurring? Should there be any other step that was necessary to prevent the adverse health outcome? Explain.
- Suggest the ways to prevent future occurrences of such episodes.
- Is there an association between environmental hazards and adverse health outcomes in humans? Why or why not?
- Analyze and explain the exposure-disease relationship for each of these three events.
- What do you think is the impact of these events on the communities where they occurred?
- 6 years ago
- Leadership development Warehousing setting
- management information system exam
- ACC19082: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING THEORY
- BSHS 452 Week 2 Individual Assignment Organizations & their Mission Statements
- Language development in young children
- A simple linear regression was created to determine GPA based on hours studying per week. You want to know
- QNT561 Week 6 Chapter 8(Ex.38)
- QNT561 Week 6 Chapter 6(Ex.64)
- personal and organizational ethics