Resource: Chapter 4 of Environmental Science.
Answer the following questions. Each response should be 3-5 sentences in length. Use your textbook to develop your answers.
- Review Figure 4-10, "Flow of energy and biomass through a food chain" in Ch. 4 of Environmental Science. Describe the trophic levels presented in the diagram. Explain what is meant by a producer, first-order consumer, and second-order consumer.
- Review Figure 4-12, "Energy pyramids in two food chains" in Ch. 4 of Environmental Science. The figure description states, " ...more food is available to those societies that eat lower on the food chain". Explain what this means by comparing pyramids (a) and (b). Do the benefits of eating lower on the food chain inspire you to make changes in your diet? Why or why not?
- Review Figures 4-13 and 4-14 in Ch. 4 of Environmental Science. Summarize the steps of the carbon cycle. How is carbon cycled back and forth between the atmosphere, and plants and animals? Why should people care about the carbon cycle?
- Review Figure 4-15 in Ch. 4 of Environmental Science. Summarize the steps of the nitrogen cycle. How is nitrogen cycled back and forth between the atmosphere and the earth? Which species plays a prominent role in cycling nitrogen? Why should people care about the nitrogen cycle?
- 5 years ago
- ACCOUNTING, DUE IN 15 HRS
- How was German society organized in 98 C.E.
- What should you do when you can't sleep
- the sum of two integers is -27. the quotient of the two integers is 2. what are the integers.
- Question 1,2,3,4,5
- Strayer University BUS 508 – Contemporary Business
- FORENSIC CASE STUDY: 20 HRS
- file attached mkt499
- Mike and LIz painted 33 pictures total in a year. Mike painted 9 less than Liz. How many did each...
- computer competency