After you watch Shawn Achor's TED presentation, "The Happy Secret to Better Work," please answer the following questions: 1. Achor says, "we can change the lens through which we see things." What do you think he means by this, and why is this important? 2. Achor talks about the formula for success we have all come to accept: "If I work harder I'll be more successful, and if I'm more successful I'll be happier," and says it is "broken and backwards." Do you agree with him? What do you think of the new formula he proposes? Will it work? 3. At the end of the talk Achor gives some tools that he claims will make people feel more positive about their lives. Would you consider doing what he suggests? Explain. 4. How would you rank this speaker? Did you like him? Did you enjoy his talk?
- 7 years ago
- SP180 Principles of Public Speaking
- import java.awt.
- 1. what were some of strengths and weaknesses of Eugene V. Debs? 2. what were his feelings toward socialism 3. what were...
- Homework 8
- Your client, Burley Designs
- Chapter 11- Problem 1, 7, 9
- What role, if any, do you think that the economically developed countries should play in attempting to improve health in the poorer nations?
- Philosophy Question (250-300 words)
- ETH 376 Week 5 Need Original non Plagiarized Essay