Endocrine System Disorders (Diabetes) Prior to engaging in this discussion, read Chapter 5 in your text, watch the Peter Attia: Is the obesity crisis hiding a bigger problem? video, and review any relevant Instructor Guidance.cmober
For this discussion, please reference the information in the “Introduction to the Miller Family” document. Lila Miller Goldberg is a 45-year-old diabetic. She had difficulty losing weight since her pregnancy years ago and has started experiencing symptoms related to her condition. She has insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM), and has been symptomatic for more than 10 years. She has been resistant about changing her diet and has been inconsistent with treatment, despite her health. She always hated her mother Ella’s fixation on nutrition while she was growing up, the different diets she tried, and the “weird meals” she prepared. She prefers quick and easy convenience foods, fast food, and what tastes good. After all, she is a busy working mom! She has never liked to exercise and, with the pain that has developed in her feet, it is physically too difficult.
Analyze and discuss the relationship between Lila’s environment growing up, her physiology, and her attitudes and behaviors. Use the following questions to guide your explanation, and be certain to apply basic medical terminology as appropriate.
- How might Lila’s condition affect her thinking, her relationships, and social situations? In what ways might these factors worsen her condition?
- How has Lila’s aversion to her mother’s dietary fanaticism while she was growing up affected her choices and, as a result, her health?
- How might Lila’s condition of being overweight impact her relationships?
- How might others in Lila’s family and community view her, and how might this affect how she views herself?
- What do you believe are Lila’s options at this time? Cite research that supports your reasoning.
- If you were Lila’s close friend, how might you counsel her based upon your understanding of the biopsychosocial aspects related to her position? Provide evidence from the available resources.
Link to video that needs to be watched:
- 7 years ago
- CRITICAL ANALYSIS ARTICLE ON MARKETING
- Commonwealth Fund
- 1) In a poll 37% of the people polled answered yes to the question are you in favor of the...
- BUS599 Discussion Wk 7
- Answer the following questions in Spanish. Use a full answer for these instead of a normal conversational answer. Â¿QuiÃ©n es tu...
- What should each service entry of a chart include
- MGT 445 Week 4 Individual Assignment - Miami School District Negotiation Paper
- identify at least three accepted modern standards of social research