Employment Law for BusinessChan28
- Unless otherwise indicated, there is a 200 word minimumresponse required.
- Credible reference materials, including your course textbook(s), may be used to complete the assessment.
- If you have questions regarding the credibility of your reference, please contact your professor.
- APA Information
- In-text and reference citations are required for allwritten responses.
- REQUIRED FOR UPLOADED ASSIGNMENTS ONLY: title page, margins, header, double spacing, and hanging indentation
- For questions concerning APA formatting, please refer to the APA Guidelines found at the Student Resources link on your Course Menu.
Please list thw question, answer and reference together. Please do not copy from the inernet
1. What are the requirements imposed on employers by the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act? List and discuss the exceptions to this Act. Your response should be at least 200 words in length. You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
2.Tom Payton was employed by Carver Industries, Inc. as a Marketing Manager. He was fired for sexually harassing three female administrative assistants. Specifically, Tom cornered the women in the supply room on three separate occasions and touched them inappropriately. The last incident which resulted in his termination, occurred after he asked Paula Lee to work overtime and called her into the supply room to assist him in finding paper clips. When she entered the room, Tom grabbed her and attempted to fondle her. Ms. Lee pushed Tom away and called a security officer who escorted her out of the building. Ms. Lee reported the incident the following day to the Vice-President of Human Resources. Later that day, the other women came forward and reported the previous incidents. Dave Smith, Tom's immediate supervisor, was contacted by Marketing Miracles, Inc. for a reference for Tom. Dave gave Tom a glowing reference and did not mention the reason for Tom's termination. Tom was hired and six months later sexually assaulted Ann Kelly, a female employee of Marketing Miracles, in the supply room after he requested that she work overtime. Is Carver Industries liable for the harm to Ann Kelly? Your response should be at least 200 words in length. You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
3.Explain the three general ways in which privacy is legally protected in the United States.
- 7 years ago
- Accounting MCQS
- Renaissance writers, musicians and artists believed that they were living in an age of rebirth
- Case Study: A Brawl in Mickey's Backyard
- Compute ratios for 2012 a-m below
- Logical Objectives to a Sale and Marketing Team
- Discuss how the Supreme Court’s position on governmental financial benefits to parochial schools has changed over time. You should make sure to include at least two U.S. Supreme Court decisions in your response. Do you agree with the majority's decisions
- ACC_548 COMPLETE
- introduction to management information security-