Electromagnetic Waves and Light
Please solve the following problems. You must show all work for full/partial credit. When complete, attach a typed cover sheet and submit to the assignment drop-box.
1) An antenna is connected to a car battery. Will the antenna emit electromagnetic radiation? Why or why not? Explain. Only consider steady state, that is after the connection is made and not during initial or final disconnection.
2) A light-year is a measure of distance (not time). How many meters does light travel in a year?
3) How long does it take a laser beam to travel to the Moon and back? Take the Earth Moon distance to 384,000 km.
4) A beam of light is incident on a plane mirror at an angle of 35o. If the mirror rotates through a small angle through what angle will the reflected ray rotate? SHOW ALL WORK IN EITHER A DRAWING WITH THE GEOMERTY CLEARLY PROVING THE ANSWER YOU GIVE. NO WORK NO CREDIT!
5) The speed of light in polythene is 1.99 x 108 m/s What is the index of refraction of polythene?
6) A beam of light with red and blue components of wavelengths 670 nm and 425 nm, respectively, strikes a slab of fused quartz at an incident angle of 30o. On refraction, the different components are separated by an angle of 0.001312 rad. If the index of refractions of the red light is 1.4925, what is the index of refraction of the blue light? HINT: Be sure you convert radians to degrees to use Snell's Law.
- In a recent year, 11th grade New York public school
- Can you assist Market Plan Asia;s Cafe selling food stuff , beverages, wraps, natural juices etc.
- Introduction to Literature
- Accounting - Quickbooks
- Statistics Exam
- Assignment 2.2: Deliverable — Log It and Blog about It!
- How will different cultural perspectives of a region impact your global business operations? In your initial response, provide an example of one region. Please try to think of how certain American businesses have tried to operate overseas, but they eventu