ECE 611 Week 3 Assignment ( Creating Family-Community Partnerships to Meet the Diverse Needs of Young Children ) ~ ( Latest Syllabus - Perfect Tutorial - Scored 100% )
Creating Family-Community Partnerships to Meet the Diverse Needs of Young Children
Consider the following scenario:
You are a teacher in a preschool classroom for 4-year-old children. Lucy, who turned four in September, has been in your classroom for two months. She cries for the first 30 minutes of each day and refuses to engage in whole group activities, such as circle time or story time. Lucy says that she hates school and wants to be at home with her mom and baby sister. Last week she began hitting other children during outside play time and filling her backpack with toys and books from the classroom centers to take home. Her parents speak Mandarin Chinese and very little English.
As Kostelnik, Soderman, Whiren, and Rupiper (2015) describe, the guidance strategies that early childhood professionals use when children are young, influence the attitudes and dispositions children carry with them into later life. Practitioners and family members who work together create a strong foundation for developmentally appropriate programs for young children. Using the family engagement techniques outlined in Chapter 8 and the child guidance strategies outlined in Chapter 6:
- Describe a comprehensive plan to create a partnership with Lucy’s family and to support and guide Lucy through her current struggles. Include at least two specific family engagement strategies listed in Chapter 8 and at least two child guidance strategies listed in Chapter 6.
- Explain the reasons for choosing these strategies for Lucy and her family.
- Describe a plan for ongoing communication with Lucy’s family including how the success of these strategies will be measured.
This document may be a useful resource to you as well: Keys to successful partnerships: Six types of involvement.
The paper should be two to three pages in length, not including title and reference pages. Use at least one reference in addition to your text for a total of two references. You must cite each reference in your paper at least once.
Your paper should be written using the following writing guidelines:
- Use of graduate level writing with no grammar or spelling mistakes.
- Use of writing conventions such as good topic sentences, sub-headings, and transitions for ease of understanding.
- Formatted according to 6th edition APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Link to other tutorials for ECE 611
Just click on Assignment/Discussion name to go to respective tutorial.
Purchase the answer to view it
Technology and Early Childhood Education
There is considerable discussion and a wide body of research about technology and its place in early childhood education. Write a short analysis paper …
Consider the following scenario:
You are a teacher in a preschool classroom for 4-year-old children. Lucy, who turned four in September, has been in your classroom for two months. She cries for …
Child Directed Learning Centers
You have just been employed as a preschool teacher of 4-year-old children. Identify four learning centers that you think would be most beneficial and developmentally …