Due in one Days.asoetan6
Compile a four page report to answer the following five questions. Any sources used, should be cited appropriately.
1. In a report to your client, discuss the current status of Chinese environmental programs: (air, rivers, groundwater, wastewater, drinking water, soils, solid wastes, regulations, and enforcement). 2. Your client is going to manufacture active pharmaceutical ingredients for the generic pharmaceutical markets. Using the 15 research areas, discuss in your report what you would expect the key changes to the Chinese environmental regulations to be that the U.S. company can anticipate when entering into force in the next five years. Project how this may impact Chinese suppliers and the manufacturing operations of the U.S. company that will be relocated to China. 3. Under research program number 13, it is clear that China plans to develop programs and regulatory requirements that will regulate the production and use of hazardous and toxic chemicals in commerce. Up to now, China has traditionally lagged behind other countries in the development of world class environmental programs. They watch western countries (U.S. and Europe) to learn from their experiences with the intent to pick out program elements that work and can be adapted to China. In your report, discuss what you see to be the benefits and penalties to Chinese environmental programs for taking this approach – where does this approach help them, where does this approach hurt them? 4. The U.S. has an adversarial approach with industry to managing and enforcing their environmental programs. The U.S. uses a heavy hand when dealing with non-compliant industries and they are experts in the use of permits and fines to drive behavior and the structure of compliance programs of manufacturing operations. The Chinese have an enforcement division, but it is lightly used unless it aversely impacts reputation or the brand of China itself. For example, during the Olympics, some companies had to shut down their operations for two months without government compensation. The air was breathable, the haze was gone, and workers were not paid during the shutdown. In your report, discuss for your client how the Chinese enforcement strategy may impact his manufacturing operations. Include a discussion on how workers at the site will view EHS and the programs in place that are designed to protect workers and the environment from harm. 5. In conclusion, based on your assessment here of environmental factors, present in your report your recommendation. Should the U.S. company relocate to China or remain in the U.S.? State your top three reasons for making your recommendation.
THIS SHOULD HELP IN ANSWERING QUESTION.
A U.S. specialty chemical company is evaluating the possibility of relocating their drug manufacturing operations into China to be closer to their customer base. They plan to source their raw materials from Chinese suppliers and to manufacture, package, and sell their product to generic medicine formulators in China. Their manufacturing operations utilize a variety of toxic and hazardous chemicals and their processes generate significant amounts of hazardous waste that need to be managed by the EHS department. The Board of Directors of the U.S. company believes that understanding the scope of new Chinese initiatives around the environment will be an important criterion that will need to be assessed for deciding to move to China or to stay in the U.S. To get an independent perspective and evaluation on the environmental sector in China, they have hired your firm to prepare a report about the current status and anticipated upgrading of environmental regulations in China and to assess the potential impact that these may have on the company if it relocates to China. While doing research to learn more about Chinese environmental initiatives and how these may impact industrial operations, your company discovers that in March 2009, China published their goals for developing their Twelfth Five Year Environmental Protection Plan. There are 25 research topics in all and your boss feels that they can provide some insight into what environmental issues are taking center stage in China. Your boss has extracted the following research areas from the report to help you to begin your assessment. The research topics (with accompanying editorial commentary provided from your boss) that China will study will be used to prepare initiatives, programs, and regulations. The 15 most relevant themes to be researched and developed are as follows: 1. Research on Water Environment Management Concepts for Key River Basins (in addition to COD, this section specifically mentions the establishment of load control objectives for phosphorous and nitrogen). 2. Research on Pilot Projects of Water System Management for Typical Rivers (this item specifically mentions development of TMDL-based water discharge limits). 3. Research on Pilot Projects of Drinking Water Source Protection. 4. Preliminary Research on Water Pollution Prevention and Treatment Planning for Offshore Areas. 5. Research on Evaluation of Atmospheric Environment Quality and Monitoring Status. 6. Research on the Design and Framework of Air Pollution Prevention and Treatment Plan and the Planning Indicator System (this item seems to envision the establishment of a regional management framework to regulate major air pollutants and air toxics, and there is even a reference to Greenhouse Gas Emissions). 7. Research on Target Determination and Allocation Method with Respect to Major Air Pollutant Discharge Total Control for Typical Provinces. 8. Research on Nitrogen-Oxide Pollution Prevention and Treatment Approaches and Total Control Method (look for NOX total load based limits similar to those imposed for SO2 now). 9. Research on Joint Prevention and Treatment Programs for Regional Air Pollution and Air Quality Management Mechanism. MEE 5801, Industrial and Hazardous Waste Management 3 10. Research on Target Indicators for Ecological and Rural Environment Protection under the Twelfth Five Year Plan. 11. Research on Priorities and Approaches for Soil Pollution Prevention and Treatment under the Twelfth Five Year Plan. 12. Preliminary Research on Solid Waste Pollution Prevention and Treatment Planning under the Twelfth Five Year Plan (the notice correctly identifies “solid waste management” as the “weak link” in China’s environmental protection scheme). 13. Preliminary Research on Hazardous Chemicals Risk Prevention and Control Planning. 14. Case Studies on Plans for Key Areas for National Environmental Monitoring Capabilities Building. 15. Research on Environmental Protection Policies for Steel, Iron, and Chemical Industries
- 6 years ago
- write a java program to determine roots of a quadratic equation
- BUS 611 Week 3 Assignment Work Breakdown Structure
- find the product and answer in simplest form 8/10 x 2/3
- For Essays Guru
- physics for topannapot
- MUSIC 301 exams A Grade
- Nancy Carol
- It's for ZEEK THE GEEK
- BMIS 325
- Teaching tools for each subject
Compile a four page report to answer the following five questions. Any sources used, including your textbook, should be cited appropriately. Upload as one word document.
1. In a report to …7 years ago