Write a 75-100 word response to each of the bulleted questions below. Each question must have its own response and meet the minimum word count.
Explain how government intervention is a type of implicit taxation.
Why does nearly every purchase you make provide you with consumer surplus? What does this imply regarding trades of 'equal value'? That is, if you were to purchase your neighbor's lawn mower for $50 and he was to buy your BBQ for $50, is this an exchange of equal values?
Demonstrate the welfare loss of a tax when the supply is highly elastic and the demand is highly inelastic.
If a person has a highly elastic demand, will he likely bear a large or small percentage of the burden of a tax?
If Social Security taxes were paid only by employees, what would likely happen to workers’ pretax pay?
If a positive externality exists, does that mean that the market works better than if no externality exists?
It is sometimes said that there is a trade-off between fairness and efficiency. Explain one way in which that is true and one way in which that is false.
In what sense is the tax incentive approach to externalities fair?
Explain why market failure is not necessarily a reason for government intervention.
- for jamesorenge ONLY
- OI 361 Week 3 Ind. Assignment; Organizational Impact Paper
- HSM 260 week 1 DQs
- You are the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) at your organization. As the CHRO, one of your primary roles is to be the workforce strategist. Your organization is planning to expand business operations to your neighboring state by opening an office. As
- BIO 101 Week 5 Final Food Web Diagram
- BIO 101 Week 3 DQs
- ACC 544 Week 5 - Controls for Outflows
- E9-21B (Analysis of Inventories) The financial statements of Killebrew, Inc’s. 2014 annual report disclose the following information.
- PSY 410 Week 5 - Learning Team Assignment - Practical Applications Presentation
- MGT 448 Week 2 - COMPREHENSIVE ANALYSIS OUTLINE AND PRESENTATION