Prior to completing this discussion, read the Critical Literary Theories handout. ( see attached file for handout)
Reflect: In the Critical Literary Theories handout, four different kinds of critical approaches are presented. Consider which of the four theories you find most interesting as a means for understanding literature.
Write: Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. The minimum word count does not include references. Choose two of those critical approaches and address the points below.
- 1. Describe each critical approach in detail.
- 2. Compare and/or contrast the two critical approaches. How are they different and similar?
- 3. Determine which critical approach you find most useful for examining the conflicts and meaning in literature.
- 4. Explain why you chose this particular approach as the most useful. Why does it appeal to you?
Please answer all these points.
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE DISCUSSION IS ASKING.
Prior to beginning your initial post, read the handout, How to Ask an Open-Ended Question.(see attached file on questions handout) In addition, review your initial response to the Clugston (2014) quote from Week One: “There’s a powerful curiosity about human relationships and how to cope in the world in which we find ourselves.” (Section 1.1, para. 2).
Below highlighted in Green is my response to the Clugston (2014) quote from Week One: “There’s a powerful curiosity about human relationships and how to cope in the world in which we find ourselves.”
Indeed Clugston (2014) denotes that human relationships cope with the way we find ourselves in the world but through a great curiosity. This is noted in Section 1.1, para. 2. And as a matter of fact, curiosity occupies the most significant part of human life and relationships. Thus, to me, I feel that Clugston's quote is valid and carries with it an ultimate truth regarding this concept of making a way in the world through lots of tribulations as well as trials. On the contrary and in my opinion, reading for sure has changed when compared to how it was in prior generations.
Today, emotional connection between what is read and a reader has diminished. Technology has changed the past reading techniques, making it a challenge for an individual to find time to read an interesting book. Ear plugs do the trick now, of which I wholeheartedly do not agree with, as reading cannot rhyme or be aligned with listening. The two has no relationship when it comes to absorbing what is being read at all.
Concerning the value of literature, the perceptions of people have changed as technology changes on contrary. For instance, when two learners are analyzed based on their reading techniques (say for example, one is using website and the other one a book); the one using the website will eventually end up losing reading interest.
Clugston, R. (2014). Journey into literature 2nd Edition [Electronic version]. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
In this discussion, you will reflect on what you learned in the course by practicing the skill of asking an open ended academic question. This exercise will allow you to engage in a discussion you create with your peers. It also helps you to ask your own questions about literature, which can serve as a gateway to initiating critical analysis. Think of an open-ended question about literature that you would like to ask in order to challenge your classmates to reflect more deeply. Also, reflect on your initial response to the Clugston quote in Week 1 Discussion
1. How have your feelings about literature changed or remained the same?
Write: Your initial post should be at least 200 wordsin length. The minimum word count does not include references.
- Construct an open-ended question (see attached file Question handout) to ask your peers about the literature you read in the class.
- Avoid asking closed-end questions that require a “yes” or “no” answer. The question should not be overly broad or too general, but focus on specific literary conflicts, techniques, or themes.
- Discuss your initial response to the Clugston (2014) quote from Week One. Based on what you learned about literature, what has changed? How will these changes impact your perspective on literature?
- 5 years ago
- Assignment 2: Inventory Management
- CJS 240 Week 9 Final Project Justice System Position Paper
- week9 suraya
- CSIA 485 Project #6 Detailed Assignment Description
- pre cal / algebra 6 questions
- HISTORY ASSIGNMENT- PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
- A+ Paper
- "Memories and Culture"'
- Colter Company prepares monthly cash budgets. Relevant data from operating budgets for 2013 are: January February Sales$374,850$428,400 Direct materials purchases117,810139,230 Direct labor96,390107,100 Manufacturing overhead74,97080,325 Sell