Discussion for Essie Best
Advantages and Disadvantages of Standardized Testing
Jamal is a 22-month-old toddler in your home childcare center. He has been in your center for 2 weeks and you have some concerns about his development. His mother reports that the pregnancy and birth were non-eventful and that he has developed typically. Jamal’s mother stayed home with him until 2 weeks ago when she took a full-time clerical job. Your concerns about Jamal are two-fold: he is not walking yet and he only says three words consistently: mama, bye-bye, and no.
1. What would be your recommendation for assessing Jamal?
2. Would a standardized test be appropriate? Why or why not? If yes, give examples of appropriate standardized assessments.
3. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of standardized tests.
4. Keeping in mind that you can and should always try to collect assessment data from a variety of sources, what further assessment would you recommend and why?
5. Give an example of how you would you approach Jamal’s mother to discuss your concerns and the need for appropriate assessment. Please remember that as a student in the early childhood profession you cannot identify nor suggest a diagnosis, but you can recommend appropriate assessment by a trained professional.
- Read the following passage first. Zara is a fast fashion company
- health hw
- Week 2: Journal and Assignment 10/10/2016
- -for shining star-need Introduction part of the whole essay. combine the part I already have.
- Project risk
- Mechanical design problem
- Exercise 5-9 and Exercise 6-7
- Ashford HSM 305 Full Week 4: Assignment + Discussions
- HSM 305 Week 5 Assignment: A Comparative Study of Extreme Islamic Terrorist Groups
- A+ Work