Discussion Board Assignment #4 A
one and half pages ..
1. Identify the major factors that have resulted in the shift in utilization from inpatient hospitalization to ambulatory care services. Describe the implications of this shift for hospitals, consumers, and the health care delivery system as a whole.
2. In what ways have private practice physicians responded to the expansion of hospital, health plans’ and other organization-sponsored ambulatory services? What are the implications of those responses for the patient, for the consumer, and for the health care industry as a whole?
3. Hospital emergency departments continue to be used as an ever more important source of primary medical care by large numbers of the community’s medically underserved population. What are the implications of this practice for the patients, and on health care costs and quality of care? What would you propose as a means to change this situation?
4. Almost two-thirds of all surgical procedures are now performed in ambulatory surgery facilities. Discuss the reasons for this shift of surgery from the inpatient setting and its effect on hospitals and consumers.
5. Some people support the role of public health departments in providing preventive and treatment services as necessary to fill gaps in the system for the medically needy. Others believe these services are more efficiently and effectively provided through private organizations. What is your position on this issue and why?
DISCUSSION BOARD ASSIGNMENT#4A
body preview (0 words)
file1.docx preview (596 words)
Running xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx BOARD xxxxxxxxxxxxx
DISCUSSION xxxxx ASSIGNMENT#4A
xxxxxxxxxx Board Assignment #4 x
Ambulatory xx outpatient care refers to xxxxxx care services xxxxxxx xx the basis xx xx outpatient xxxxxx Williams & Pavlock, xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xx the xxxxx xxxxx refers xx a medical care that requires the patient xx xx xxxxxxxx to xxx xxxxxxxxx this xx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx when xxx xxxxxxx xx critically ill. xxxx xx xxx xxxxxxx xxxx have xxx to xxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxx to outpatient care xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xx xxx hospitals, xxxxxxxxx costs xx xxxxxxxxx xxxxx and xxx xxxx to xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxx change of xxxxxx xxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxx the xxx xxx are xxxxxxxx to the facilities, it has xxxx ensured xxxx the xxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx get the best medical attention. Health care xxxxxxxxx will be improved because xxxxx xxxx be no congestion xx xxxxxx xxxx facilities.
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it