develop the Aussie Stamp Place website using ASP.NET 4.5 and C#Topsolutions
No set length
This assessment item relates to the course learning outcome numbers 1 and 2.
More specifically, the objective of this assignment is for students to:
· Developa dynamic Internet application with a consistent look and feel for business using an integrated suite of software tools.
You are required to develop the Aussie Stamp Place website using ASP.NET 4.0 and C#.You mustdevelop the web pages according to the specifications given in this document. This means that you must provide the functionality specified, produce the layout specified and use the data and images provided on the course website.This document is a specification that you are required to implement.
Overview of website to be developed
Your website must:
· Use a master page and content pages throughout
· Define and use a consistent theme throughout
· Use a web.sitemap and related navigation controls
You are also required to:
· submit a brief Word document describing what features did and did not work in your website and how you could improve the website.
You are required to develop the following pages:
The home page.
Descriptor for top level menu item
Header and table of Australian native animal stamps, each stamp has a name, price, number in stock,last update time and an image.
Header and table of Australian native flower stamps, each stamp has a name, price, number in stock, last update time and an image.
Header and table of Peace and Victory stamps, each stamp has a name, price, number in stock, last update time and an image.
Header and table of Australian zoological stamps, each stamp has a name, price, number in stock, last update time and an image..
The default About page
Brief information about the website.
A contact us page with contact information.
You must also create the Web.sitemap and Masterpage.master files, as well as make appropriate edits to the web.config file.
These requirements are discussed in more detail below.
Provided materials – starter kit
To get you started, an assignment 1 starter kit is available on the web site. This starter kit contains:
· The Images directory containing all the images required for the assignment
· The App_Themes directory containing resources and files required for themes
· Masterpage divs.txt, containing the basic div structure you will need to set up your master page
The files in your website should be structured in the following way:
You must construct your web.sitemap to achieve the following menu hierarchy:
The menu items above must map to the following content pages:
About -> Contact Us
About-> About Us
Your master page must achieve the following layout:
The header must contain the logo. The actual logo displayed will depend on the theme. The Colour1 theme uses logo logo.jpg. The Monochrome theme uses logo-grey.jpg.
The breadcrumb division should contain a SiteMapPath control. Your breadcrumb should not be hardcoded.
Sidebar – menu
The menu division must contain a Navigationarea. The navigation area will display a TreeView based on the Web.sitemap file.
· The TreeViewcontrol must obtain its menu items from the Web.sitemap file; menu items should not be hard coded into the TreeViewcontrol.
· Three styles have been provided to you in the CSS file: dynamicHoverStyle, dynamicMenuItem and staticMenuItem. You should apply these CSS styles to your TreeViewcontrol – this will help ensure the correct appearance of the control.
· Your TreeViewcontrol should not show the top (Home) node.
The footer contains two other divisions – the copyright and lastupdate divisions. The copyright division should contain a copyright symbol, your name and the current year, along with the image copyright statement. The lastupdate division should contain the date that the website was last updated. You may hard code this date.
The appearance and required functionality of the content pages are described below.
The default home page should appear as follows to a user when viewed with the Monochrome theme:
The defaultStamp Catalogspage must appear as follows. Note that for brevity, only the main content area is shown.
Stamp Catalogs – Zoological Stamps
The Zoological Stamps page must appear as follows. Note that for brevity, only the main content area is shown.
· A table layout is used.
· The Name, Price, # in stock and Last updatefields must be as shown and the last cell should contain the image of the stamp.
Stamp Catalogs – Peace Stamps
The Peace Stampspage must appear as follows. Note that for brevity, only the main content area is shown. As before a table layout is used with the Name, Price, # in stock and Last update fields and the last cell should contain the image of the stamp.
Stamp Catalogs – Australian Flower Stamps
The Australian Flower Stamps page must appear as follows. Note that for brevity, only the main content area is shown. As before a table layout is used with the Name, Price, # in stock and Last update fields and the last cell should contain the image of the stamp.
Stamp Catalogs – Australian Native Animals Stamps
The Australian Native Animals Stamps page must appear as follows. Note that for brevity, only the main content area is shown. As before a table layout is used with the Name, Price, # in stock and Last update fields and the last cell should contain the image of the stamp.
The appearance of the website will be controlled by the use of themes. Two themes shall be supported. The first is the Colour1 theme and consists of the Colour1Style.css stylesheet and the logo in the logo.jpg file. The second theme is the Monochrome theme and is implemented using the logo-grey.jpg logo and the MonochromeStyle.css stylesheet.
You are to prepare a brief Word document. Your document should:
· Include an appropriate title page.
· List the features you successfully implemented, there is no need to describe them.
· List the features you were unable to successfully implement; you should describe the problem in a few sentences and also briefly describe anything you attempted to get it to work. Your approach to identifying and attempting to fix these bugs may gain you some partial credit for those features you were unable to implement.
· A description of any additional functionality you believe would be useful to add to this Website. Explain what the features are and how they would help to improve the Website.
· References (if any) listed using the Harvard Referencing Style.
You are required to submit your assignment electronically via the Moodle course website. You must combine the following files together in a .ZIP or .RAR archive:
· The directory containing your ASP.NET website.
· Your Word document
The resulting archive file should be submitted on the course website.Please note that you should use your student number as the name for the archive file you upload to the Moodle website.
Important note to students: The images supplied on the course Website for this assignment are only to be used in preparing the solution for this assignment. Use of these images for any other purpose is strictly prohibited in accordance with the copyright laws.
Master page - general
- Layout and general themes as required
- Header contains logo
- Footer is correct
Master page - Navigation
- Menu contains correct menu items and sub items, i.e. sitemap correct
- Menu & breadcrumb sourced from web.sitemap
Stamp Catalog pages
- Default page correct
- The required fields are on all 4 catalog pages and are correct
- Images are present and work correctly on all pages
- Tables display correctly on all pages
- The pages display and have the correct information
- The theme drop down list is displayed
- Toggling the theme selection updates the display correctly
- Lists complete and incomplete stages and describes steps taken to incomplete functionality (if applicable)
- Suggestions for new functionality
Lecturer’s Signature Date:
- 6 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it
- NOT RATED
I required report with in two hours based pdf attchment file..
Number of Word's required 500-700
Regards & Thanks
www.freeassignmenthelp.com4 years ago