Determining Causes and Effects
Assignment 3.1: Determining Causes and Effects – Draft Version
Due Week 7 and worth 80 points Select one (1) of the following scenarios on which to focus your cause and effect paper. Research the topic and include credible sources to support claims. Identify your purpose clearly, incorporate audience needs, establish a desired tone, and organize information/claims effectively.
- The CEO of a major U.S. automotive manufacturer has asked you (a global marketing manager) to write about the causes and effects of importing most of its materials from foreign manufacturers. The paper will be provided to the board of directors and stockholders.
- The director of a regional blood bank has asked you (a public relations specialist) to write about the causes and effects of advertising for blood donations in the past 30 years. The paper will be provided to the board of directors as they make decisions about the focus of future campaigns.
- A state representative to the U.S. has asked you (a congressional aide) to write a paper on the causes and effects of water pollution in Lake Huron. The paper will be provided to the state’s fish and game board as well as various committees for improving public health.
Write a 4-5 page paper in which you:
- Provide a clear thesis statement.
- Describe the major cause.
- Describe a leading second cause.
- Describe two (2) other contributing causes.
- Describe three (3) effects of the cause on the economy.
- Describe three (3) effects on people.
- Include two (2) visuals that illustrate two (2) different claims.
- Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Provide three (3) relevant and credible sources to support claims.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify elements of visual and electronic resources and their uses in writing.
- Associate the features of audience, purpose, and text with various genres.
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Recognize how to organize ideas with transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Incorporate relevant, correctly documented sources to substantiate claims.
- Apply the writing process to develop various writing genres.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.
body preview (0 words)
file1.docx preview (856 words)
xxxxxxx xxxxx DETERMINING xxxxxx AND EFFECTS OF xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Determining Causes xxx xxxxxxx of xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx M. Vo
ENG xxx – xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx x Online
xxxxxxxxx Jessica Moses
xxxxxxxx 24th, xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx Causes xxx Effects of Unemployment
Unemployment xx thestate of xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxx with those xxxx have, the ration xx big xxx it xxxxxx from xxxxx to place.Itmeasurestheeconomichealth xx xxxxxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxx xx is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ofmeasuringthemeasurethestability a country xxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx determinedbydivision of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxx that are xx theworking. Highrecoveryandcreation xx newjobs has xxxx an xxxxxxxx in xxxxxxxxx of xxxxxxxxx Thegovernmentandtheprivatesectors xxx obligated xx increasingemploymentopportunitiessothat xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx of unemployment. People should xxxx be xxxxxxxxxx to self-employ xxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx not xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxx be xxxxx This xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is a significantchallenge xx xx xxxxx with xx allthefields xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Themostcommonexplanationsforthiscondition are involuntary. Thecircumstances xxx due to structuralor xxxxxx conditions xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx cannot be adequatelycateredfor xx xxx xxxxxxxxxxx (Cate, 2012). Structural xxxxxxxxxxx xx owing xx theshifts xx the economy. Thisforcessomepeople xx xxxx xxxxx
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it