Demographics and Therapy Group Culturenatsha8
The therapeutic factors that are most salient to a therapy group can be based on group member demographics. As an example, the military has its own culture, which values resilience, tradition, and adaptability. Even branches within the military can have their own culture affecting attitudes, values, beliefs, and behaviors. In contrast, the Deaf community is a linguistic minority culture that emphasizes collectivism, open communication, and physical contact. These cultural aspects can have an impact on what therapeutic factors might be the most helpful, and which factors might bring little value to the therapy group members.
For this Discussion, select a culture (e.g., military, college students, ethnic group, Deaf community) with which you are familiar. Consider how the culture’s attitudes, values, and beliefs might impact therapeutic factors during group therapy.
With these thoughts in mind:
Write a brief description of the culture you selected. Then, explain how the attitudes, values, beliefs, and/or behaviors of this culture might impact therapeutic factors in group therapy. Provide examples to support your response. Be specific current literature to support your response.
APA format and no more than 4 paragraphs
- 6 years ago
- Ashford BUS 402 (Strategic Mgmt & Business Policy) Week 4 DQ's A+ Graded
- Ashford BUS 311 Week 2 Complete (Business Law 1) A+ Graded
- Problem 1 You have been given the following information for Ethan Company as of June 1, 2010. Problem 2 On April 25, 2010, Bullseye Company purchased all of the outstanding common stock of Vista Company, paying $14,000,000.
- MBA 621 Financial Markets & Institutions Exercises
- Marketing Mix
- design an algorithm
- BSHS 312 (Historical Development of Human Services) Week 5 A+ Graded
- STR week 3 assignment updates and correction
- Advance Directives
- CJA 484 Week 5 Team Assignment Corrections Research Paper and Evaluation (UOP Course)