Dealing With Differencetioett
Due April 5
Dealing with Difference in the Health Care Setting (6-8 Pages double spaced). DUE Beginning 4-5-2017
Your paper will be based on a specific cultural group assigned to you during the first class session. The purpose of this assignment is to help you learn more about another cultural group by gathering information about the cultural group from a variety of sources, including an INTERVIEW with an individual from that group.
Research- Preparing Your Outline and Notes- The following provides an extensive but not exhaustive list of topic areas that might be covered in your paper. While you will not have time to deal with each area, please choose the information that is most relevant to understanding human difference and the responsibility of health care workers for responding to these differences in a health care setting. Please have at least five outside sources in addition to your interview and other course materials.
A. Interview Basic Information
1. Immigration background, language, religious beliefs/practices.
2. Most challenging/difficult aspects of American culture for them.
3. Family patterns, roles, and relationships.
4. Customs and behaviors, food, holidays and celebrations.
5. Recreation and leisure activities.
6. Degree of Assimilation: where do they feel they fit in?
B. What health issues are unique to the cultural group you are researching? What does a health care worker need to be most concerned about when dealing with members of your specific cultural group? In what ways might nursing care be particularly sensitive to those who are members of this cultural group?
C. Discuss three aspects of the cultural group that are the most difficult for you to understand. Explain why characteristics of your culture and that of your cultural group might cause these difficulties.
D. Using ideas from the text, readings, class and outside sources, list steps and/or principles health care workers can use to avoid negative stereotyping, judging, or prejudice against the cultural group.
E. Mention any emotional responses, changes in thinking, or insights you personally gained from your research.
Cultural Group: Culture:
Does Your Presentation. . .
1. Briefly introduce your cultural group and provide a “preview” for the audience. (5 points)
2. Discuss background, religious beliefs, family patterns, customs and traditions of cultural group. (10 points)
3. Discuss very specifically three aspects about cultural group that you find most difficult to understand. (10 points)
4. Discuss some of the health issues this culture faces, difficulties this cultural group may have in the health care setting, and adjustments that can be made to accommodate someone from this cultural group. Discuss steps and/or principles you and your colleagues can apply to avoid negative stereotyping, judging, or prejudice. (30 points)
5. Discuss what you will take with you from your research? (10 points)
Do You . . .
6. Use transitions, move smoothly from one point to the next and organize your presentation so that it is easy to follow. (5 points)
7. Have a paper that uses course readings, at least five additional outside sources and they are cited correctly, with a proper reference page. (30 points)
Does Your Conclusion . . .
8. Summarize & reinforce your purpose (5 points)
9.Conclude effectively and with impact (5 points)
Do You . . .
Once you have completed your paper ( including bibliography: websites for articles available online, citations for information from your sources—books, magazines, journals etc.) p lease submit paper as a Microsoft Word attachment to ASSIGNMENTS.
- 4 years ago
- To Kim Woods
- Ethics Vignette
- Can you complete assignment and lab
- AIU BUSN310 Unit 4 Assignment Paper (A+++++++++++++)
- NO PLAGIARISM PLEASE, DUE TUESDAY 12/20 BY 6:00pM,PAYING $15.00
- Expressing Your Ideas for an Academic Audience and Plan for Additional Research
- phyllis young
- Introduction to Film.....Genres and Genre Film Paper 800-1200n words
- Logical models and logframes
- Liberty University BIOL 101 quiz 4 complete solutions correct answers