1.) Describe the use of nulls databases
Assignment: Problem # 3 from Chapter # 6.
Normalize a set of data to 3rd normal form by creating relational schemas, dependency diagrams
and an Entity Relationship Diagram (crow’s foot notation).
For this lab, complete problem # 3 in Chapter 6. Be sure to complete each letter (a thru d) for the
problem. The ERD for letter d must be completed with the use of Microsoft Visio. Attach all files to
a submission to the drop box for Lab # 03.
(1) Relational schema is defined in section 4.1.2 in chapter 4 of the textbook.
(2) Dependency diagram is defined in section 6.3.1 in chapter 6 of the textbook.
(3) An example of a crow’s foot ERD can be found in chapter 4, figure 4.35.
(4) Microsoft Visio is available to you in VLABS or you may decide to obtain the software for
your own personal use. Microsoft Visio software is available free of charge through Penn
State’s membership in DREAMSPARK (formerly MSDNAA). If you are interested in obtaining
your own free copy of Visio, please refer to the file Dreamspark under Lesson 01:
Introduction Getting Started.
3.3. Using the INVOICE table structure shown in Table P6.3 do the following:
a. Write the relational schema, draw its dependency diagram, and identify all dependencies, including all partial and transitive dependencies. You can assume the table does not contain repeating groups and that an invoice number references more than 1 product. (Hint: This table uses a composite primary keys.)
b. Remove all partial dependencies, write the relational schema, and draw the new dependency diagrams. Identify the normal forms for each table structure you created.
c. Remove all transitive dependencies, write the relational schema, and draw the new dependency diagrams. Also identify the normal forms for each table structure you created.
d. Draw the Crow’s Foot ERD.
- 8 years ago
- case study cancel please need refund from Kingzero
- Intro Create a program that offers the user several distinct options and perform the option(s) selected. Details When the program runs, a list...
- Is anyone will to to do a series of short Sociology quizes (6 all together) but they are all due on different days, and get 8 correct of better out of 10?
- What is the log book in one flew over the cuckoos nest
- science video reaction paper
- i have this worksheet where you have to classify how matter is broken down.her are the words element,pure substance,snow globe,homogeneous,heterogeneous,mixture,gelatin,h2o,co2,matter,o2,kool-aid,compound,lemonade,h2
- Can someone do this 8-10 slide powerpoint? It is due today by 12:00p.m Eastern Time. I have the necessary attachments to complete the assignment. Please?
- Marketing work
- For Brian only
- NOT RATED
2. Using the descriptions of the attributes given in the figure, convert the ERD shown in P6.2 into a dependency that is in at least 3NF. 3.3. Using the INVOICE table structure shown in Table P6.3 …9 years ago