Database Access 2013clint008
Case Problem 2
Data Files Needed for this case problem: AddSubject.xml, NewStudentReferrals.accdb, Tutoring.accdb Room.xlsx and Subject.csv
O Brien Educational Services Karen O Brien wants you to integrate the data in the Tutoring database with other programsk and she wants to be able to analyze the data in the database. Complete the following steps:
1. Open the Tutoring database you worked with in Tutorials
2. Export the rptTutorSessions report as a PDF document with a filename of TutorSessions.pdf to the Access >Case2 folder. Include the document structure tags for accessibility, and do not save the export steps.
3. Import the CSV file named Subject.csv, which is located in the Access2>Case 2 folder, as a new table in the database. Use the names in the first row aw field names, set the third column’s data type to Currency and the other fields’ data types to Short Text, choose your own primary key, name the table tblSubject, run the Table Analyzer, and record the Table Analyzer’s recommendation, but do not accept the recommendation. Do not save the import steps.
4. Export the tblTutor table as an XML file named Tutor to the Access 2>Case 2 folder; do no create a separate SCD file. Save the export steps.
5. Link to the Room workbook, which is located in the Access2>Case2 folder, using tblRoom as the table name. Add the following new record to the Room workbook: Room Num 5, Rental Cost $25, and Type Private.
6. Explore 6. Import the AddSubject.xml file, which is located in the Access2>Case2folder, appending the records to the tblSubject table. Do not save the import steps. Open the tblSubject table in Datasheet view and then verify that the record with SubjectID 50 and Subject Math4 has been appended, along with other records. Close the tblSubject table and then close the Tutoring database.
7. Explore 7. Open the NewStudentReferrals database from the Access2>Case2 folder, and then create and work with an application part as follows:
a. Create an application part called NewStudentContact with the description New student referrals and include the data.
b. Close the NewStudentReferrals database.
c. Open the Tutoring database and import the NewStudentContact Application Part, which has no relationship to any of the other tables. Open the tblContact table to verify the data has been imported.
d. Karen would like to import an empty tblContact table in the future. Delete the NewStudentContact Application Part by clicking on the Application Parts button, right-clicking on the NewStudentContact template, selecting Delete Template Part from Gallery, and then clicking yes in the dialog box that opens.
e. Save and close the Tutoring database.
Open the NewStudentreferrals database, then create an Application Part called Contact with the description Contact information and do not include the data.
f. Close the NewStudentReferrals database, then create an Application Part called Contact with the description Contact information and do not include the data.
g. Close the NewStudentReferrals database.
h. Open the Tutoring database and then add the Contact Application Part. Open the tblContact1 table to verify that it does not contain records.
8. Make a backup copy of the database, compact and repair the database, and then close it.
- 7 years ago
- MGT 350 Week 1 DQ 1
- COMM 105 Learning Team Assignment Log
- homework for excellentassignments
- Week 9 Assignment 2-Strategic Management
- mean, median, standard deviation, and quartiles for each group. any outliers? boxplot? NonsmokersSmokers4194399830623150354442164054349342482860312836863471380739943963373237693436413135223455377129863746350235183255371932823290285143543548297638923823350
- IT Strategy 8
- HW JAVE
- Guaranteed Grades - Research Paper