Data Statistics/Hypothesis testing making inferences from a sample
Read scenario and answer all questions in red. Must have good feedback rating..
Imagine that the drug for severe depression from this week’s Discussion was approved for use in humans. Researchers now want to know whether people using this drug have a different life expectancy than the rest of the general population. A sample of 100 patients who use the drug are followed over time. Those that use the drug have a mean life expectancy of 71.30 years. The mean life expectancy for the general population is 75.62 years. The population standard deviation is 28.
To complete this Assignment, submit by Day 7 responses to the following:
- Identify the independent and dependent variables.
- Explain whether the researcher should use a one-tailed or a two-tailed z test and why.
- State the null hypothesis in words (not formulas).
- State the alternative hypothesis in words (not formulas).
- Calculate the obtained z score by hand and state the critical value with an alpha of .05. Provide your calculations in your Assignment submission.
- Would you retain or reject the null hypothesis? Why?
- Explain whether the results are significant, and why or why not.
- What should the researcher conclude about the life expectancy of the sample in comparison to the population?
- In general, explain the relationship between z scores and the standard deviation.
Provide an APA reference list.
- BUS 415 Week 2 Individual Assignment State of Confusion Paper
- AED 222 Week 1 CheckPoint IDEA 2004
- Please have this done by friday
- Political Science (Compare & Contrast Iran and the United States)
- presentation power point
- ACCT525 week 7 Assignment
- mathematics and management.
- STR 581 Week 3- paper
- ITC 4230 Unit IV Course Design
Application: Hypothesis Testing: Making Inferences from a Sample
Hypothesis testing is the foundation of conducting research in psychology. Researchers must first …