DATA DICTIONARY Questions
HANDS-ON #1: Dictionary Views to Help You Work
Using your text and any other sources you wish, make a list of the data dictionary views you feel would be the most helpful to a programmer who is writing applications that perform DML actions on rows from tables in the database. Give a brief explanation for your choice of each view.
Place and save your answers in a Word document named week3_exercise.doc.
HANDS-ON #2: Where are My Log Files and Groups?
You have inherited an existing database from a previous administrator. There is little to no documentation provided for this database and, as you review the database setup, you find you need answers to the following questions:
- What are the redo log group numbers, and how many members does each group have?
- What directory or directories holds the redo log group members?
Write SQL commands or queries to discover all of these answers. Place and save the SQL queries in the Word document named week3_exercise.doc that you have started for this week's exercises.
HANDS-ON #3: Working with Initialization Parameters
Using your text and any online documentation you need, determine which of the initialization parameters (many are discussed in Chapter 3) are static and which are dynamic. Also, determine which can be changed using ALTER SESSION, and which can be changed using ALTER SYSTEM. Make a spreadsheet-type table with four columns for your lists (one for each category). Some parameters may appear on more than one list and that is acceptable. Use the parameters listed in the book to begin with, and then add some. You should try to have a listing of at least 20 different parameters.
Place and save your answers in the Word document named week3_exercise.doc that you have started for this week's exercises.
- Suppose the marginal cost of a product is given by 25 + 30x – 9x2 and fixed cost is known...
- I need a art history paper
- You are going to teach a lesson of your choice. Create a student assessment that will assess what you want...
- Tori has very poor physical fitness. she wants to begin to exercise,but she doesn't know where to start . write...
- The 1920s and 1930s were marked by economic crises and instability. In that era, authoritarian leaders in many European nations...
- what is the square root of 64
- MLA Research Paper on Caterpillar Inc
- BUS 475 Final Exam