assignment is about files, python scripts, compute de average, median and the mode of a list of numbers.
This project requires the following steps:
- Read chapter 14 in the background reference, Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (Version 1.3.3). Implement and run all examples and exercises in the Python-IDLE environment. Save your programs into Python files.
- Read chapter 10 in the background reference, A Byte of Python. Implement and run all the examples and exercises in the Python-IDLE environment. Save your programs into Python files.
- Build a module that contains three functions that do the following:
- Compute the average of a list of numbers
- Finds the statistical median value of a list of numbers
- Finds the mode of a list of numbers
If you don't know what the statistical median and mode of a list of numbers are, visit the following website:
Descriptive Statistics -- from MathWorld (http://mathworld.wolfram.com/topics/DescriptiveStatistics.html)
Save your resulting module from the Python-IDLE to a Python file.
4. Write a program that allows you to do the following five operations:
- Prompt the user to input a list of numbers (Hint: be sure to have a way for the user to indicate that they are done finished providing the list of numbers)
- Open a file that contains a list of numbers
- Compute the average, statistical median, and mode of the list of numbers
- Store your answers in another file
- Asks the user whether they want to see the answers and if the answer is yes, opens the file and displays the numbers
Implement this program in the Python-IDLE editor and run and debug it. After you have completed the program, save it to a Python file.
Write a one page paper describing your efforts in the above 4 requirements. Combine this writeup and all the saved Python files into a zip file.
- 8 years ago
- deved 105
- what is substitution effect?
- information and project management: PROMOTE PUBLIC TRANSPORT You are expected to submit a relevant Project Proposal, including viable project planning documents, by...
- Write a detailed paragraph on why family mealtimes are important
- math 126 re write by tonight
- Assignment 1: Course Project Part II—Practice
- Paper + Power Point presentation and talking points.