critical thinking analysis?
Project is your chance to offer a full dissection of two television commercials, complete with an expression of the style of argument, use of images, structure, and conclusions.
You will compose a critical thinking analysis of two television commercials. The paper should be at least 5 pages long and provide a full analysis of both commercials. You may write more than 5 pages, but if you are under the requirement, this is a sign that you will need to add more depth and detail to the essay.
Select two commercials for the project. If you do not regularly watch television, you can still complete the assignment by searching YouTube or individual product websites to find advertisements for products, goods, or services. Choose one commercial that you think is effective and persuasive, and another that you think fails to make a strong argument.
First, you will describe what happens in each commercial. Assume that the reader has not seen either commercial. Explain the use of words, images, and sounds.
Next, put into words the premises, claims, and conclusion from each commercial. Identify which styles of argument are being used. Introduce and explain the various arguments, the visual elements, any fallacies, and appeals to ethos, pathos, and logos. Discuss what the commercials have done well or what is lacking.
Finally, offer two suggestions that would strengthen each commercial. What would make the effective commercial even stronger? What would cause the ineffective commercial to become persuasive? Explain why this would make a difference in the final outcome for the commercial.
- each day the average family use 100kg of hot water to kill bacteria, the water going into the tank at...
- What's the difference between today's military and knights?
- Why was the battle of midway significant?
- Application Case 9–2 The Politics of Performance Appraisal Every Friday, Max Steadman, Jim Cobun, Lynne Sims, and Tom Hamilton meet at Charley’s Food Place after work for refreshments. The four friends work as managers at Eckel Industries, a manufactur
- when did santa anna lead troops to texas to crush the rebellion?
- What tectonic plates are associated with the tonga trench boundary
- story problem!!! help please midterm study.
- What is y=4
- Can you tell the parent genotype from examining the genotypes of the offspring
Throughout the course you have worked to take apart and analyze the elements of an argument. You have had a chance to see common problems in reasoning and ways to make the …
Compose a critical thinking analysis of two television commercials. The paper should be at least 5 pages long and provide a full analysis of both commercials. Select two commercials for the project. …
compose a critical thinking analysis of two television commercials. The paper should be at least 5 pages long and provide a full analysis of both commercials. You may write more than 5 pages, but if …