Please use this below link to help answer the assignment questions
Document: Sample Workflow of Answering a Telephone in an Office (Word document)
Note: You will use this document to complete this week’s Assignment
. In this Assignment, you select a common event that occurs regularly in your organization and create a flowchart representing the workflow. You analyze the process you have diagrammed and propose changes for improvement.
- Identify a common, simple event that frequently occurs in your organization that you would like to evaluate.
- Consider how you would design a flowchart to represent the current workflow.
- Consider what metrics you would use to determine the effectiveness of the current workflow and identify areas of waste.
Write a 5-page paper which includes the following:
- Create a simple flowchart of the activity you selected. (Review the Sample Workflow of Answering a Telephone in an Office document found in this week’s Learning Resources for an example.)
- Next, in your paper:
- Explain the process you have diagrammed.
- For each step or decision point in the process, identify the following:
- Who does this step? (It can be several people.)
- What technology is used?
- What policies and rules are involved in determining how, when, why, or where the step is executed?
- What information is needed for the execution of this step?
- Describe the metric that is currently used to measure the soundness of the workflow. Is it effective?
- Describe any areas where improvements could occur and propose changes that could bring about these improvements in the workflow.
- Summarize why it is important to be aware of the flow of an activity.
- Remember to include a cover page, introduction, and summary for your paper.