The decision was made to use a process costing system. The first month of operation went fairly smoothly, and the CFO is ready to prepare her journal entries but asked for your help because she has not done this before for a manufacturing company.
Data for month ending 1/31/200X
Direct labor expended on jobs completed in month 1
Direct material used up
Budgeted manufacturing overhead
Budgeted production volume
Actual production volume
Supplies, indirect labor, maintenance repair costs totaled
Beginning work in process inventory
Ending work in process inventory
Using only the data in the chart, prepare the proper journal entries—including a date and notes showing any calculations—to record the following:
- Direct material going into the work in progress (WIP) account
- Manufacturing overhead all being credited to accounts payable
You, the CFO, and the rest of the accounting department now need to write a memo summarizing the data from the first month of using the process costing system operation.
Using only the data above, prepare a 300–400-word memo addressing all of these questions and showing all calculations:
- Prepare the journal entries to record the closing-out of the balance in manufacturing overhead to the appropriate accounts, and show any necessary calculations in the notes of the journal entry.
- 6 years ago
- HCS 311
- ACC 205 Week 5 Assignment ( Financial Ratios ) ~ A + Tutorial With References
- ACC 205 Week 2 Assignment ( Revenue and Expenses ) ~ A + Tutorial With References
- question for jckmm---week 1 +5 SCI211
- Environmental Science please see the description
- Cannot figure out how to solve problems for Chapter 5 Homework McGraws Economics 100 this class is online extremly hard...
- Projects Easy ONLY
- How did Enron management and traders justify their conduct?
- can **statman** answer any question that i have regarding statistics?