Corrigan Enterprises is studying the acquisition of two electrical component insertion systems for production its sole product, the universal gismo....lbrnch
Corrigan Enterprises is studying the acquisition of two electrical component insertion systems for production its sole product, the universal gismo. Data relevant to the system follow; Model no. 6754: Variable costs, $16.00 per unit Annual fixed costs, $985,600 Model no. 4399: Variable costs, $12.80 per unit Annual fixed costs, $1,113,600 Corrigan’s selling price is $64 per unit for the universal gismo, which is subject to a 5 percent sales commission. (In the following requirements, ignore income taxes.) 1. How many units must the company sell to break even if Model 6754 is selected? 2. Which of the two systems would be more profitable if sales and production are expected to average 46,000 units per year? 3. Assume Model 4399 requires the purchase of additional equipment that is not reflected in the preceding figures. The equipment will cost 450,000 and will be depreciated over a five year life by the straight line method. How many units must Corrigan sell to earn 956,400 of income in Model 4399 is selected? As in requirement (2) sales and production are expected to average 46,000 units per year. 4. Ignoring the information presented in requirement (3) at what volume level will management be indifferent between the acquisition of Model 6754 and Model 4399? In other words, at what volume level will the annual total cost of each system be equal? (Hint: At any given sales volume, sales commissions will be the same amount regardless of which model is selected.)
- 9 years ago
- how many eyelids have an equal thickness to the skin on the upper back average thickeness 2 over 25 thickest (upper...
- During a NASCAR race a car goes 50 m/s around a curved section of track that has a radius of...
- Determine if the following set relations are true or false
- Find the value of x: 10 to the power of negative 3=10x
- Which of the following is a physical change? A a garden tool rusting B shredding a piece of paper C a candle burning D...
- The "farm bloc's" favorite solution to the severe drop in prices that caused farmers' economic suffering in the 1920s was
- a tropical fruit
- A man at 0.5 m/s accelerates to a velocity of m/s in 1 s. What is his average acceleration?