Correlations homework help?
Read the Assessment 2 Context document (linked in the Resources, under the Required Resources heading) to learn about the concepts used in this assessment. This assessment contains two parts. Follow the instructions provided for each part. Submit both parts of your assessment as Word documents.
Part 1: Interpreting Correlations
A meta-analysis (Anderson & Bushman, 2001) reported that the average correlation between time spent playing video games (X) and engaging in aggressive behavior (Y) in a set of 21 well-controlled experimental studies was r+ = .19. This correlation was judged to be statistically significant. In your own words, what can you say about the nature of the relationship? Write a one-page response to this question.
Part 2: Correlations
You will use the following resources for this assessment. They are linked in the Resources, under the Required Resources heading.
- Complete this part of the assessment using the DAA Template.
- Read the SPSS Data Analysis Report Guidelines for a more complete understanding of the DAA Template and how to format and organize your assessment.
- Refer to IBM SPSS Step-By-Step Instructions: Correlations for additional information on using SPSS for this assessment.
- If necessary, review the Copy/Export Output Instructions to refresh your memory on how to perform these tasks. As with your previous two assessments, your submission should be narrative with supporting statistical output (table and graphs) integrated into the narrative in the appropriate place (not all at the end of the document).
You will analyze the following variables in the grades.sav data set:
Step 1: Write Section 1 of the DAA
Provide a context of the grades.sav data set. Include a definition of the specified variables and corresponding scales of measurement. Indicate the type of correlation for each X, Y pair (for example, Pearson's r, Spearman's r, point-biserial r, et cetera). Specify the sample size of the data set.
Step 2: Write Section 2 of the DAA
Test the assumptions of correlation for gpa and final. Paste the SPSS histogram output for each variable and discuss your visual interpretations. Paste SPSS descriptives output showing skewness and kurtosis values and interpret them. Paste SPSS scatter plot output with gpa set to the horizontal axis and final set to the vertical axis. Conduct a visual inspection of the scatter plot to analyze other assumptions of correlation. Summarize whether or not the assumptions of correlation are met.
Step 3: Write Section 3 of the DAA
Specify a research question related to gpa and final. Articulate the null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis. Specify your alpha level.
Step 4: Write Section 4 of the DAA
Paste the SPSS output of the intercorrelation matrix for all specified variables.
- First, report the lowest magnitude correlation in the intercorrelation matrix, including degrees of freedom, correlation coefficient, p value, and effect size. Interpret the effect size. Specify whether or not to reject the null hypothesis for this correlation.
- Second, report the highest magnitude correlation in the intercorrelation matrix, including degrees of freedom, correlation coefficient, p value, and effect size. Interpret the effect size. Specify whether or not to reject the null hypothesis for this correlation.
- Third, report the correlation between gpa and final, including degrees of freedom, correlation coefficient, p value, and effect size. Interpret the effect size. Analyze the correlation in terms of the null hypothesis.
Step 5: Write Section 5 of the DAA
Discuss the implications of this correlation as it relates to the research question. Conclude with an analysis of the strengths and limitations of correlational analysis.
Anderson, C. A., & Bushman, B. J. (2001). Effects of violent video games on aggressive behavior, aggressive cognition, aggressive affect, physiological arousal, and prosocial behavior: A meta-analytic review of the scientific literature. Psychological Science, 12(5), 353–359.
- Foe Expert-writer
- Samsung (smartphone manufacturer) Vs. Google Inc. (search engine) - economic and financial analysis.Objectives: · Assess and compare the market types of Google Inc.(as a search engine) and Samsung · Determine the various key elasticity
- MATH 221 Week 6 ilab Statistics for Decision Making
- abnormal Psychology Assignment
- Chef best company
- manufacturing design HW
- Qz4 for MathExpert121
- A health care organization is comprised of different professionals who serve different functions. Their roles may determine how they view quality initiatives, including the different methods measurement and types of improvement tools. Design a graphic or