Assignment 1: Discussion
You are working with a company selling building material to builders. You predict the quarterly purchases of customers based on their current purchases by using a linear regression model. These predictions, however, are not very accurate. Discuss at least three reasons why these predictions may not be accurate and offer three ways in which you can increase the likelihood of accurately predicting your customers’ purchases.
Post your response to the Discussion Area by Friday, March 8, 2013.
Assignment 2: Controls
As a quality analyst you are also responsible for controlling the weight of a box of cereal. The Operations Manager asks you to identify the ways in which statistical quality control methods can be applied to the weights of the boxes. Provide your recommendations to the Operations Manager in a two-three page report. Using the data provided in the Doc Sharing area labeled M4A2Data, create Xbar and R charts.
Your report should indicate the following along with valid justifications of your answers:
- The control limits of the weights of the boxes.
- Nonrandom patterns or trends, if any.
- If the process is in control.
- The appropriate action if the process is not in control.
Submit your handout and summary to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Monday, March 11, 2013.
- 8 years ago
- i'M LOOKING FOR A TEACHER SPECIALIZING IN FORENSIC INVESTIGATIONS,LAW OR GENERAL INVESTIGATIONS, OTHERS NEED NOT APPLY
- Anne Sexton Research paper
- doo my hw
- Nick has a goal to pay his credit card balance in full by June 30.When he first wrote the goal...
- Due on Sunday :Rationalizing/Solving equations and check for the Estraneous Root where necessary
- when salt is placed on ice the ice melt.explain why.
- What is economics and what do you expect to learn from this economics class this year?
- Apr. 2 Purchased merchandise from Blue Company under the following terms: $6,600 price, invoice dated April 2, credit...
- what are the potential dangersof a person living in what Locke called "perfect freedom"